Question about Garcia

doctorbj

This may sound crazy, but-

before putting him on disabled list, could we have ?

1.offered him back to Red Sox, with everyone knowing that he has tendonitis,

2.perhaps have gotten him through waivers, etc, since he is hurt and no one would keep him on 25 man roster,

3. and then sent him down if the Red Sox declined.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.perhaps have gotten him through waivers, etc, since he is hurt and no one would keep him on 25 man roster,

1. Yes, but we wouldn't do that. Dan obviously likes him.

2. He wouldn't have cleared waivers.

3. The Red Sox would never decline to take him back.

Good question though.

2 things on Garcia:

1. Palmer the other night said the amount of time he has to be on the roster excludes September, meaning September doesn't count towards the time he has to be on the roster. I believe this is incorrect, but I am sure others heard this so wanted to clarify to be 100% sure.

2. Britt was just on MASN and said the Orioles are going to have a very hard time keeping Garcia. It sounded to me like she thinks he will be offered back at some point. Just wanted to relay.

2 things on Garcia:

1. Palmer the other night said the amount of time he has to be on the roster excludes September, meaning September doesn't count towards the time he has to be on the roster. I believe this is incorrect, but I am sure others heard this so wanted to clarify to be 100% sure.

2. Britt was just on MASN and said the Orioles are going to have a very hard time keeping Garcia. It sounded to me like she thinks he will be offered back at some point. Just wanted to relay.

I believe Palmer is wrong on that but I thought the same before. If the Os can't keep Garcia, he will get claimed before he makes it to Boston. Orioles have already done so much of the hard work in keeping him.

2 things on Garcia:

Palmer is wrong.

There is nothing that says outright that September counts, but there is also nothing that says it doesn't count.

Here is a Baseball America Q&A that clearly indicates that September days count.

Palmer is wrong.

There is nothing that says outright that September counts, but there is also nothing that says it doesn't count.

Here is a Baseball America Q&A that clearly indicates that September days count.

I was wondering how many others heard that the other night. Thanks for clarifying. Maybe I'll shoot Roch a note to confirm 110%.

2 things on Garcia:

On (1) perhaps he is misunderstanding or misspoke regarding what others have Sid about September not being an issue because of roster expansion? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived