Question about Garcia

doctorbj

No. I do not agree with the fake hurt stuff. Sorry. Don't believe we do it. Don't believe it should be done.

You honestly believe we don't do that? Can't tell if you are serious or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You honestly believe we don't do that? Can't tell if you are serious or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly don't believe the Orioles DL anyone that is not injured. Do they occasionally take advantage of an injury that might not require a full DL stint,? sSure.

This is the Roch quote:

* To settle the confusion over Jason Garcia, he would retain Rule 5 status throughout the 2016 season if he falls short of 90 active days this season on the Orioles' 25-man roster. It's not like he can take his days into the following season and suddenly become eligible to be optioned over the summer.

Garcia remains at extended spring training and he isn't pitching, as far as we know. We're told that he's "progressing" from right shoulder tendinitis. That's pretty much the extent of it.

This seems to be more about 2016 than September. I love how he says "To settle the confusion..." Yeah right. Does this mean that he can stay on the DL all year? In that scenario, he does not count his days from this year, but he stays on the O's with Rule 5 status in 2016? We will have a lot more flexibility next year assuming departures of Matusz, O'Day, and Hunter. Depending on where we are with injuries, that might make more sense than having to DFA somebody this year to get JG his 14 days.

Roch is completely wrong here.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I honestly don't believe the Orioles DL anyone that is not injured. Do they occasionally take advantage of an injury that might not require a full DL stint,? sSure.

If they were faking the DL for Garcia, Boston would be all over this like flies on horse manure.

They way i thought it worked is that we would activate him on Sept 1st. Stays active the rest of the year. Then whatever is left over he finishes at the beginning of next season. So 15 games into next year he's ours and we can option him in 2016 if we want.

This is correct. Not what Roch is reporting.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived