Roch: 2016 Rotation

weams

I don't expect it to work out this well, but ideally they would get comp picks for Norris and Chen while Gausman and Bundy take over and provide equal or better production. Then the team can reallocate that $15M to lock up the likes of Manny/Tillman/Davis/Wieters.

I don't think there is a chance in Hades that they offer Norris a QO at ~17M for a year. He'd be on that like stink on a turd.

I don't expect it to work out this well, but ideally they would get comp picks for Norris and Chen while Gausman and Bundy take over and provide equal or better production. Then the team can reallocate that $15M to lock up the likes of Manny/Tillman/Davis/Wieters.

Don't count on a comp pick for Norris. If I'm him and the O's offer me the QO, I'm taking it. He's not very good this season and he'd be a fool to abandon a QO...that would be a one way ticket to a much lower deal or even worse sitting out 2016.

Well, it is annoying that we have to keep him on the major league roster no matter how he performs. He's very talented, but considering how little minor league seasoning he's had, he may not really be fully baked next year, compared to the other guys mentioned in the article who may not be as talented but are a lot more experienced.
'

This. I don't know why it is so controversial among some here to be irritated that Bundy will be out of options in 2016. Does everyone really expect his first big league season to go better than Gausman's? And again we've seen 32 IP at AA. Maybe if he makes it to AAA this season and dominates there I will be ok with him on the 2016 roster all year, but let's wait and see if that actually happens.

First, I don't think his fastball is sitting at 96, even if he's reached that. I read he was sitting at 94-95 in his last three inning stint (which, by the way, is not the same thing as doing that for 6-7 innings).

Second, I'm at least as interested in the movement and command of his fastball as I am about the velocity, not to mention how his secondary pitches are coming along. 96 mph by itself doesn't tell you anything about whether Bundy will make a successful jump to the majors.

That said, Bundy's numbers at AA compare pretty favorably to what he did there in 2012 pre-surgery (though in shorter outings):

2012: 16.2 IP, 14 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 8 BB, 13 K's

2015: 16.0 IP, 11 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 5 BB, 18 K's

Bundy's ratios are all at a level that would have made me happy in 2013 if he'd started that year at Bowie. If he can build up to 5 inning starts and maintain those ratios, I'll be pretty excited about it.

He is missing bats at a higher rate by a pretty good bit. But....small sample size.

Bundy is scheduled to throw 4 innings tomorrow.

Great news. The word comp pick and Norris stopped in April. Chen will get a QO and a pick. And we shouldn't re sign him. He's probably going to make 12+ million a year and he's just now worth it. But that's Free Agency. I am a little worried about Bundy basically being a rule 5 pick. Glad they got rid of that in the new CBA. The MLB contracts draftees can sign that is. I could see O'day coming back for like 3/18-21. Anything less would be a steal. That's just what his value is. My 2016 staff would be

Gonzo

Tillman

Ubaldo

Gausman

Davies

Britton

O'day

W.Wright/ Pat McCoy

Brach

Steve Johnson

Bundy

Mike Wright