Roch: Some Minor League Arms to Look At for the Big Club

weams

Even if the worst case scenario occurs in the lawsuit, I can't imagine it getting that bad. At worst case, I feel like we'll be like the Brewers, and they've handed out some large contracts in the past.

Yeah and they have all turned out between average and poor for Milwaukee, but most poor. The Orioles have some poor contracts this year but at least they are all removable after this year.

At least they have the willingness. They even offered Sabathia 5/100 to stay there, which would've been a great contract.

So you would be fine with the Orioles in last place because crippling long term contracts don't allow for resources to be spread out?

It was a hypothetical situation...no more, no less. We have a moderator here who claims to have all these connections to the team saying our payroll is going to be in the $85 million range...

I'm not a moderator. And I don't claim anything other than having informed opinions. I think next season we are just as likely to take our payroll back to pre 2012 levels as we are to increase it 10%. We don't have insiders here. If I know something instead of suspect it, I'll be certain to tell everyone.

So you would be fine with the Orioles in last place because crippling long term contracts don't allow for resources to be spread out?

I don't think he said that. I think he is one of the folks who simply believes that the Angelos family is making bundles and should spend some of it to make the fans think they care.

I would verify the '75 %" splitters line. I've seen a few of his appearances and I'd say it's more like 50/50 between his splitter and fastball and maybe even more fastballs than splitters. I'd be interested in knowing the facts on this one.

I think it is 50/50. Based on what I watched.

Archived