Navarro's range at second base

Tony-OH

In case anyone was wondering, I found something with the same effective range as Ray Navarro at second base.

F505219D7B654D959049C0D74B508040.jpg

Seriously tough, the last time I've seen a guy with that little bit of range was Brian Roberts. Losing Flaherty and Schoop this year to injury has really hurt this team defensively.

Who wants to guess Pearce will be starting there tonight?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Yeah, I alluded to that in the Chen thread:

In the 6th inning, Rey Navarro did not get to a ball that looked like it was within his reach, and it went for a single. On the next play, he threw away a ball on what would have been an easy double play. The runner was not only safe at 1st base, but he went to 2nd base on Navarro's bad throw. Chen prevented him from scoring anyway by striking out both Freese and Aybar to end the inning.

I suspect that you may be correct in guessing that Pearce may be playing there (2nd base) tonight.

The Orioles are not playing the high level of defense to which we've become accustomed. It's not just physical errors, but also mental mistakes. It's been very noticeable.

I'm hoping by the end of June we have Schoop, Flaherty and Wieters all back. That fixes all our infield issues. I think we're going to have issues in the corner OF spots all year.

The Orioles are not playing the high level of defense to which we've become accustomed. It's not just physical errors, but also mental mistakes. It's been very noticeable.

I'm hoping by the end of June we have Schoop, Flaherty and Wieters all back. That fixes all our infield issues. I think we're going to have issues in the corner OF spots all year.

How is Joseph's defense a problem? More importantly, I think you are overestimating the value of a returning from TJ MW.

In case anyone was wondering, I found something with the same effective range as Ray Navarro at second base.

F505219D7B654D959049C0D74B508040.jpg

Seriously tough, the last time I've seen a guy with that little bit of range was Brian Roberts. Losing Flaherty and Schoop this year to injury has really hurt this team defensively.

Who wants to guess Pearce will be starting there tonight?

I was quite astounded when you pointed that out. I do think Brian was slightly slower. Just a step.

I hadn't heard about problems with Tillman, do you have a link to something?

Well I like Joseph a lot and his bat is coming around. I hope you guys can suck it up because he will be our starter next year.

How is Joseph's defense a problem? More importantly, I think you are overestimating the value of a returning from TJ MW.

I really was thinking more of being able to jettison Lavarnway. Joseph is doing a good job but I think he'd be more effective with more rest. So far he's started 27 of 33 games.

It's pretty apparent why a guy who has hit pretty well in the minors most of his career just made his major league debut this year with the O's. His defense at second base is certainly below par in almost all aspects and he doesn't hit well enough to make up for it.

I hadn't heard about problems with Tillman, do you have a link to something?

Well I like Joseph a lot and his bat is coming around. I hope you guys can suck it up because he will be our starter next year.

Nope. No link. Check how many starts he's had with Joseph. And how they went.

Nope. No link. Check how many starts he's had with Joseph. And how they went.

I checked. What am I missing? In 5 starts will Joseph this year, Tillman has a 3.73 ERA (13 ER in 31.1 IP).

In his 2 starts with Lavarnway, Tillman had his worst two starts of the year -- 7 ER against the Blue Jays April 12, and another 7 ER in Toronto April 23.

I checked. What am I missing? In 5 starts will Joseph this year, Tillman has a 3.73 ERA (13 ER in 31.1 IP).

In his 2 starts with Lavarnway, Tillman had his worst two starts of the year -- 7 ER against the Blue Jays April 12, and another 7 ER in Toronto April 23.

I was more referring to his performance before Joseph at all. With Wieters and Then with Hundley. But it is probably just something in my mind. I guess I was hoping that Chris was bad because of him.

Archived