Talking Bandwagon and Fair Weather fans

OsStrosNattyBohs

I can't tell if it is a lack of self-awareness or just an indifference to being a hypocrite that allows you to continually say all you want is for the team to win and simultaneoulsy type things over and over about how bad the offseason was leading up to a season where we won the division by 12 games. I can tell you it is almost mesmerizing to read it though. You're your own worst enemy. LOL

The simultaneous collapse of the Red Sox, Toronto and eventually the Yankees led to us winning the division by 12 games.

We were a solid team that benefited from a perfect storm of conditions that allowed us to dominate. I was happy we won the AL East.

I wish DD would have built on that momentum by adding better pieces this last offseason.

MSK

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The issue is that if you say anything negative, you're expected to roll out an array of statistics and formulas that "back up" your POV. No matter what you say, people will jump on you repeatedly if you discuss anything that cannot be fully quantified.

Things like chemistry and morale (which are intangible human conditions that most people would conclude does have an effect on human performance in work and in sports) are not taken seriously or given the weight of consideration.

I've watched this team for decades and didn't abandon them during the darkest of years, but somehow I'm not a "real fan" because I dare to question the abysmal lack of movement by the Orioles front office during the last two offseasons. 2014's offseason was crappy, but nothing compares to the lack of effort from this past offseason.

With the way DD ignored improving the team, one might think he was distracted or was using the Andy MacPhail guidebook to Orioles' success.

Not going to just stick my head in the orange sand. That doesn't make me a bad person or a fake fan.

MSK

How was the 2014 offseason crappy? Didn't we sign that Cruz guy that you've been obsessing about for months? And didn't the team go on to win 96 games and the AL East after that offseason? We also acquired Ubaldo, who's been the ace of our staff so far this season. And we picked up solid contributers David Lough and Brad Brach. Seems like you would call any offseason crappy unless the Orioles spent 200 million dollars.

The simultaneous collapse of the Red Sox, Toronto and eventually the Yankees led to us winning the division by 12 games.

MSK

People say that, but it is just not true. The AL East was the top division again last year. Lead by the awesome Baltimore Orioles.

Anyway, I think this thread has done it's damage and run it's course.

Archived