Nelson Cruz Homers In Return To Baltimore, But Orioles Get Last Laugh

PressBoxOnline

He who laughs last at the end of the season, laughs best.

I don't think one ugly error defines the player that Cruz is.

It's one game. Cruz hit a big 3-run home run, but the Orioles won the game. The Orioles laughed last in terms of this game, which was Cruz' first against the Orioles since he left the team.

Also, the Mariners have not made the postseason since 2001, and they are in a pretty deep hole already in their division to start this season, so I wouldn't be overly concerned about Oriole fans' momentary joy about winning this game in Cruz' return to Baltimore coming back to bite them come early October, at least until the Mariners start hammering away in the win column.

It's one game. Cruz hit a big 3-run home run, but the Orioles won the game. The Orioles laughed last in terms of this game, which was Cruz' first against the Orioles since he left the team.

Also, the Mariners have not made the postseason since 2001, and they are in a pretty deep hole already in their division to start this season, so I wouldn't be overly concerned about Oriole fans' momentary joy about winning this game in Cruz' return to Baltimore coming back to bite them come early October, at least until the Mariners start hammering away in the win column.

You do understand that I belong to the O's fandom, right? Whether the Mariners win 50 games or 110 games makes absolutely no difference to me. Cruz does because I regret him leaving the O's. He can't control the Mariners' deficiencies.

He who laughs last at the end of the season, laughs best.
I don't think one ugly error defines the player that Cruz is.

You do understand that I belong to the O's fandom, right? Whether the Mariners win 50 games or 110 games makes absolutely no difference to me. Cruz does, because I regret him leaving the O's.

When someone comments on one of my posts (whether they actually quote the comment or not) undermining one of the many joys that I get during the regular season after every game that they win, that makes a difference to me ...... hence, my comment.

Cruz doesn't play for the Orioles any more. If it bothers you that other Oriole fans such as myself get enjoyment out of beating his team and/or if he makes a bad play on defense that contributes to the Orioles winning the game, that's your problem.

When someone comments on one of my posts (whether they actually quote the comment or not) undermining one of the many joys that I get during the regular season after every game that they win, that makes a difference to me ...... hence, my comment.

Cruz doesn't play for the Orioles any more. If it bothers you that other Oriole fans such as myself get enjoyment out of beating his team and/or if he makes a bad play on defense that contributes to the Orioles winning the game, that's your problem.

Your first post didn't bother me. I merely responded to it - in a relatively mild way, imo. We just had a misunderstanding there... I think.

Archived