Trade bait - Who could we target for LF or RF?

Aglets

I am pretty much kidding. I don't like the contract. I am not willing to take it on based on 2 otherworldly good months at the beginning of it. That said, his numbers would look pretty good in LF right now.

How good would his glove look there?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The same player I wanted this offseason, Josh Reddick. Isn't a FA until after next year. With his hot start and 1.5 years of control it would probably take a pretty decent prospect.

Reddick would be a fantastic get. For those unaware, he's overcome a metamorphosis at the plate and over the past 5 months of play he's completely cut down his K% to unheard of numbers and it's showing great results at the plate.

With the A's soon heading into sell mode, I think he can be had to the first bidder.

Brantley? Untouchable. Cruz? lol with that monster contract?

Yea Josh Reddick looks like a great target too.

So far we have Cruz / Brantley / Reddick

All of those guys will involve a Bundy/Gausman/Harvey in return. Need to set your sights a little lower IMO. Seth Smith, Blackmon etc.

Upton is the only clear upgrade over our guys that is likely to be available.

The player I would be coveting is Cueto. Solid ace at the top of the rotation. No idea what they would ask for, but I think a rotation of Cueto-Ubaldo-Chen-Miguel-Tillman would be tough to beat.

Padres won't sell on Upton unless they are dead last by a lot. Will hope to get back into it before end of year and take the draft pick.

Blackmon, David Murphy, Seth Smith, Reddick...

Really?? Are these really big upgrades?

This is just a major overreaction to a small sample. 1.5 months does not a season make. Trading for guys who are overperforming this year is not a smart move, as there will be a premium attached to them. From a value perspective, the best trade targets are guys who have struggled a bit lately. Oh wait, those are guys we already have on our team!

Remember 2013? Arrieta was struggling. Our rotation needed an upgrade. So we trade our underperformers (Arrieta--who actually had a decent FIP and had been a bit unlucky--and Strop) for someone who had overperformed in half a season (Scott Feldman). How did that one turn out?

Archived