Trade bait - Who could we target for LF or RF?

Aglets

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Choose 1:

A - Stay put

B - Trade a decent player for a small upgrade

C - Trade several pieces of our future for a highly paid large upgrade

Depending on what 7/31 looks like, I would be okay with "C". Push all the chips to the middle of the table.

Depending on what 7/31 looks like, I would be okay with "C". Push all the chips to the middle of the table.

I hate the idea of mortgaging our future for 2 more wins this season. If we were interested in going all in, wasn't the free agent market a better place to do so?

You're kidding, right? 13 years, $325 million is "not unreasonable" for the Orioles?

I wasn't sure what it was, hence why I asked:)

For arguably the best player in baseball, or at least one of the best, not unreasonable.

For the Orioles, yes.

If Markakis was putting up the exact same numbers that we're getting out of RF this year, very few people would be calling for a trade. We're fine over there, we're pretty much league average.

Yeah, let's ride the platoon. Virtually everyone of our COF's should improve.

Why isn't Travis Snider playing more? His power is not there, but he gets on base and is a good bet to hit with more power as the year goes. I want him playing 5 times a week.

You can have him then:) sold!

Why isn't Travis Snider playing more? His power is not there, but he gets on base and is a good bet to hit with more power as the year goes. I want him playing 5 times a week.

I don't see the power coming from Snider. He hasn't been driving the ball at all.

He might be one of those players that needs to sacrifice his power to hit for a decent average.

It's a tough situation because none of these guys can really get a chance to play enough to get in any kind of groove. I think Pearce is the guy that needs to play everyday. Give him until the All Star break to see if he can't rediscover his stroke. Then maybe you give his at bats to Snider. I rather see a platoon of De Aza/Young in RF for now with Pearce playing everyday in left (once Flaherty/Schoop returns).

Young definitely doesn't need to be playing everyday. His OPS is fast approaching .600.

The same player I wanted this offseason, Josh Reddick. Isn't a FA until after next year. With his hot start and 1.5 years of control it would probably take a pretty decent prospect.

I've been on board the Reddick train too. We all know Billy Beane will trade anybody for the right price.

Archived