Trade bait - Who could we target for LF or RF?

Aglets

That hypothetical involved Chris Davis striking out 287 times which is 54 more than the all time record! lol give me a break. You saber-metrics guys are funny.

That hypotethetical was served up to you about 4-5 times to allow you to make a reasonable response. Basically stating: "but "what if" he did maintain good stats despite the K's?" and you still FUMBLED it, i.e "No I wouldn't want the production, the K's are too high". Not only did you fumble it but you still can't seem to comprehend the difference between production and strikeouts. So you then come out with this "I guess everybody is happy with strikeouts" nonsense.

Now that's funny. Pathetic, but still funny.

It isn't all about stats.

Yeah, apparently it's all about an overly hyperbolic fixation with strikeouts.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That hypotethetical was served up to you about 4-5 times to allow you to make a reasonable response. Basically stating: "but "what if" he did maintain good stats despite the K's?" and you still FUMBLED it. Not only did you fumble it but you still can't seem to comprehend the difference between production and strikeouts. So you then come out with this "I guess everybody is happy with strikeouts" nonsense.

The Astros are leading the world in strikeouts. I bet they've sucked so far...

smh...

Incorrect. I said that Snider was a part time player for a reason and that he was obviously a "value acquisition" that wouldn't make the team any better. I also said that he was a below average field who plays "stiff" in the field. At this point was I incorrect about any of that?

Incorrect about De Aza. I said that he was a solid acquisition when they traded for him but that it was a mistake to bat him leadoff b/c he strikes out too much and swings at too many bad pitches. Turns out Buck agreed b/c his playing time got reduced and he hasn't been batting leadoff.

LOL yet here we are in a thread about how the corner outfield spots being weak and somehow you have concluded that my analysis is "ridiculous." Think about that...

That hypothetical involved Chris Davis striking out 287 times which is 54 more than the all time record! lol give me a break. You saber-metrics guys are funny. It isn't all about stats.

LOL indeed.This is a thread about corner OF, but it is now in the process of morphing into a discussion of SO with you as the center of attention. Isn't that what trolls do?

Imagine how far ahead of everyone they'd be if they'd just choke up and punch the ball to RF when they got to two strikes. They might never lose!

That is a certain way to lose in this era of very limited power. I bet some folks would like us to bunt too.

That is a certain way to lose in this era of very limited power. I bet some folks would like us to bunt too.
I am not sure I have a problem with defending the strike zone at two strikes. I would like to see your argument as to why this is a bad idea. I think I notice a lot of O's still doing this. I don't think it's such a great idea to choke up before two strikes, unless you are Cesar Izturis.

LOL indeed.This is a thread about corner OF, but it is now in the process of morphing into a discussion of SO with you as the center of attention. Isn't that what trolls do?

Nope...

My contribution to the thread was on topic and CA-Orioles rebuttal was the one that referenced an old discussion.

Nope...

My contribution to the thread was on topic and CA-Orioles rebuttal was the one that referenced an old discussion.

I have El Gordo on ignore (but can see his references unfortunately). It's pretty obvious he's siding with you and referring to me as the troll. So slap his back and be happy.

Not like you haven't pulled the K stuff with other players like De Aza for example.

That hypotethetical was served up to you about 4-5 times to allow you to make a reasonable response. Basically stating: "but "what if" he did maintain good stats despite the K's?" and you still FUMBLED it, i.e "No I wouldn't want the production, the K's are too high". Not only did you fumble it but you still can't seem to comprehend the difference between production and strikeouts. So you then come out with this "I guess everybody is happy with strikeouts" nonsense.

The guys who i was referencing, De Aza and Davis, have not been producing AND have been striking out a lot. How many balls in the dirt does De Aza have to swing at? Your boy Chris Davis struck out 4 times last night and is hitting around .210. So hypothetically it is going to be very difficult for either of these guys to hypotehtically put up good numbers given their high amount of strikeouts and poor at bats.

I understand he difference between strikeouts and production just fine which is why i used Mike Trout as an example. The problrm is that neither of these guys are producing. Time for you to grow up and move on

I have El Gordo on ignore (but can see his references unfortunately). It's pretty obvious he's siding with you and referring to me as the troll. So slap his back and be happy.

Not like you haven't pulled the K stuff with other players like De Aza for example.

My mistake i thought he was calling me a troll. You are 100% right i have dogged De Aza for his plate discipline in the past. I guess there's a reason why he hasn't been an everyday player this season.

The guys who i was referencing, De Aza and Davis, have not been producing AND have been striking out a lot. How many balls in the dirt does De Aza have to swing at? Your boy Chris Davis struck out 4 times last night and is hitting around .210. So hypothetically it is going to be very difficult for either of these guys to hypotehtically put up good numbers given their high amount of strikeouts and poor at bats.

I understand he difference between strikeouts and production just fine which is why i used Mike Trout as an example. The problrm is that neither of these guys are producing. Time for you to grow up and move on

So, why are you bringing this up again after whining about it being off topic?

A hypothetical is a hypothetical. You were presented with it and fumbled it. Do I really need to repeat the question? They didn't ask if too many strikeouts can make production difficult. Everybody understands that. You stated that you would not take the production of the Ks were too high. That's an idiotic answer. So please don't come back now and act like you know what you're talking about.

As for "my boy" Davis. I have been pretty consistent that the K s and pull tendencies were going to make production difficult and that we may likely be looking at something similar to last year. As for De Aza, I expect the K rate to normalize to something closer to his career rate and that he still may be a productive platoon player. You criticized his walk rate. That has certainly come up.

Strike outs are outs. They are outs. Not double plays. Not pop outs. Not dribblers for fielders choices. They are outs. With a hard swing in case they hit something.

Archived