10 Players Most Likely to Be Traded (List Includes Crush)

Rene88

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Assuming that Wieters and Scoop come back soon, I say we need a starter or two.

Norris and Tillman are too unreliable and inconsistent for a stretch run in this division.

Tillman will be fine. I heard someone post he is better with MW? Not sure there is substance there but just passing on what someone said.

Norris nobody likes, ha ha. His value has plummeted off a cliff. If they wanted to trade him, last offseason was the time. Not sure what DD was doing all offseason...oh wait...:) Too soon?

Edit: One thing I wanted to add: NOW is the time to extend Tillman. GET IT DONE!

I don't buy the Orioles selling anyone...yet. I also find it very interesting that they list him as trade bait, but the team they list as a possible destination is the Mariners who are 17-21 compared to the Orioles' 17-19.

I don't buy the Orioles selling anyone...yet. I also find it very interesting that they list him as trade bait, but the team they list as a possible destination is the Mariners who are 17-21 compared to the Orioles' 17-19.

I don't understand this either. It's too early to project if and where Davis would end up.

I'd probably trade Davis and a middling prospect for Morneau (also on the article's list).

Wow, that would be a horrendous trade for us. I hope you aren't serious. Trade Davis and a prospect AND give up the chance to offer Davis a QO for Justin Morneau? Morneau's career is basically over.

I'd be all for that, as soon as Parades is ready to take over there.

Platoon Snider/Young at DH

Lough/Pearce in LF.

De Aza in RF.

Lets slow down with Parades. Buck said they want him to be able to play OF. The kid has a great bat but you can't just take a really poor infielder and turn him into a league average MLB OF'er. I like the idea but I think its a real long shot.

Lets slow down with Parades. Buck said they want him to be able to play OF. The kid has a great bat but you can't just take a really poor infielder and turn him into a league average MLB OF'er. I like the idea but I think its a real long shot.

He was talking about Paredes taking over at 1B. Not the outfield.

He's been working out at 1B recently.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Good point on the age.  I think it would have to be someone like Nate George from this year's draft just blowing up next year. The story would be how everyone missed on him because he played in a cold weather state.    
    • First, Schmidt is having a better year than Cole. Second, the O's teed off Ragans and Lugo last time they faced them.
    • Elias needs to use better judgement when he dumpster dives, prepare better for the high percentage chance that his dumpster diving pickups will fail, and increase usage of other means to get pieces. Bullpen usage is another problem, but it’s hard to effectively juggle flaming torches. A wrong move burns badly 
    • I can see the case for Mountcastle based on defense alone, but what has Kjerstad done to warrant that kind of treatment? Is it the .505 OPS he’s put up since coming back? The overall .438 ML OPS since getting hit in the head? I’m as bummed as anyone that his season got derailed, but if you’re talking about where they are right now — he’s not your huckleberry. As for O’Hearn, he’s 8 for his last 23 (.348), with 3 doubles. That feels a little like the “getting himself together” that you referenced. He had an awful month-long slump, but he also has an extended track record (over 1.5 seasons) of excelling in the role he’s now back in, as the platoon LH 1B/DH guy. He had a 125 wRC+ in those 750 PAs as an Oriole until 8/20, which is roughly when Mountcastle went out.  I’d be good with Kjerstad DHing against LH starters, because there’s good reason to think he hits them better than O’Hearn. And if they want to play both O’Hearn and Kjerstad against some RHPs, in order to set up the potential of Mountcastle coming in to PH against a lefty reliever, I’m down for that too. But the primary alignment is going to (and should) be the Mountcastle/O’Hearn duo we’ve gotten accustomed to seeing.
    • The Achilles heel for this team is going to be the unit that doesn't step up in the postseason. I can easily see scenarios where: the bullpen is hot and provides good performances but the offense sputters and isn't clutch the offense comes up big but the bullpen blows games late starting pitching tosses some clunkers (not really likely with Burnes and Eflin) and they can't recover the defense sucks and gives opponents extra outs to work with, blowing games open when the bullpen or SP would have been able to escape and continue We've seen all of these units falter at one point or another during this season.  We've also seen all of these units perform very well at different times throughout the season.  So, we'll see what turns out to be the Achilles heel for the Orioles in the playoffs starting next week.
    • I agree I missed the mark on a correct forum, and ask a moderator to please relocate to Rants as that game annoyed me yesterday. I appreciate the strong moderators here and know I'm not one of them.     Sorry for making it worse at a tough moment.    I won't bump it again, even ironically if we kick their butts in the playoffs.
  • Popular Contributors