Cruz , Miller, Markakis, poll

El Gordo

Cruz, Miller, Marakakis, Other, yes or no  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Cruz, Miller, Marakakis, Other, yes or no

This poll is closed to new votes

What was it 4-40? If we offered 4-36 like the Yankees, do you think he goes to NY or stay here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He goes to the MFYs. He wanted NY, just like Tex and he wanted closer. Neither of which was here. We would have had to be better than the Astros offer and even then, I still think he was NY bound. Good riddance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But don't DH's need to be penalized. A lot? Since they can't really play?

I would say they need to be penalized a little bit compared to position players, but not as much as WAR does. I consider DH a legit position, since not everyone is good at hitting cold off the bench.

Guest rochester
If you think he's Ortiz age 34, then maybe it's a good risk . Personally I don't think so. The 3 months last season where he disappeared and the fact that he has only played more than 128 G twice in his career give me pause.

That's the risk. I do believe that he could easily be an "Ortiz" for 3-4 years. Regarding GP, I believe Buck did a great job last year with the DH/field mix.

Guest rochester

I think full time DHs like Ortiz should be measured by their offense only. I do not understand the "can't really play?" statement but do understand the thought process behind being penalized.

Since they don't play defense they do nothing to take away from it. They don't accumulate negative RS, like Mark Reynolds e.g. There contributions on offense is strictly positive IMO. They need to change the positional adjustment so that DH is 0, 1B maybe +5, LF/RF +7, 3B/2B/CF +9, SS +12, C +17 etc.

I would not have signed Markakis for 4/$44m, but I do think we miss him. I've seen several amateurish misplays in RF that Nick never would have made, and I think his consistency and reliability is missed.

Cruz: 3/40

Miller: 3/24

Markakis 3/33 (for old time's sake)

None of those figures proved to be in the ballpark, so to speak. Obviously the team would be better with Cruz and Miller on board, but we live in the real world. No regrets watching them walk given the price. I also would have non-tendered CD. That would have made the discussion very different IMO.

I thought Aoki would have been a worthwhile pickup. Still do.

I was briefly intrigued by Kemp. Then I sobered up.

I voted for Cruz. I would much rather have Cruz than Chris Davis. Even a 39 year old Cruz couldn't be any worse than the current Chris Davis.

I would not have signed Markakis for 4/$44m, but I do think we miss him. I've seen several amateurish misplays in RF that Nick never would have made, and I think his consistency and reliability is missed.

I think Nick would have made playing balls on a hop or retrieving them from the wall a lot more graceful than Delmon does.

Archived