When Flaherty gets back

eddie83

If Cabrera goes for Flaherty then aren't we in the same siuation as now? I don't consider Paredes a true infielder.

I also wonder if DeAza would accept an outright assignment to AAA so he doesn't lose his money. That is a good chunk of change to say goodbye to.

He doesn't lose money if we DFA him. We have to pay him or some other team does if they take him off waivers. That won't happen because they will wait until he passes through waivers and sign him for the minimum. Meanwhile we will still have to pay him the remainder of his salary. And right now we have no real 2B. When Flash returns we have one real good one and two guys who can fill in if need be.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Cabrera goes for Flaherty then aren't we in the same siuation as now? I don't consider Paredes a true infielder.

I also wonder if DeAza would accept an outright assignment to AAA so he doesn't lose his money. That is a good chunk of change to say goodbye to.

How would Be Aza lose money?

I don't think anyone gets DFA'd when Flaherty returns.

The O's have been using the DL extensively. One of Young, DeAza, Lough or Snider will be DL'd IMO.

Duquette said in his interview that the O's are carrying more OFers then normal and they will add an infielder. That is Flaherty and Cabrera until Schoop gets back. Then I think Cabrera is the odd man out.

I don't think anyone gets DFA'd when Flaherty returns.

The O's have been using the DL extensively. One of Young, DeAza, Lough or Snider will be DL'd IMO.

Duquette said in his interview that the O's are carrying more OFers then normal and they will add an infielder. That is Flaherty and Cabrera until Schoop gets back. Then I think Cabrera is the odd man out.

It can't be that blatant. There is nothing physically wrong with any of these guys. There are rules about placing people on the DL, they have to show some cause.

He wouldn't. He has over 5 years of service time and could refuse assignment to the minors, but no matter what happens to him after being DFA'd he is getting his money from someone.

MLB Trade Rumors is saying that Casey McGhee from the Giants will forfeit his money if he refuses his assignment. The Giants just DFA'd him. He came into the year with over 5 years of service time. Being able to refuse assignment doesn't mean you still get your money. Most thought Ryan Webb would go to the minors but his agent must have put in a special clause in his deal.

MLB Trade Rumors is saying that Casey McGhee from the Giants will forfeit his money if he refuses his assignment. The Giants just DFA'd him. He came into the year with over 5 years of service time. Being able to refuse assignment doesn't mean you still get your money. Most thought Ryan Webb would go to the minors but his agent must have put in a special clause in his deal.

Do you have the link to the MLBTR article I'd like to read it for myself.

It can't be that blatant. There is nothing physically wrong with any of these guys. There are rules about placing people on the DL, they have to show some cause.

There will be a cause. Players play with injuries all the time. Its just a matter of making the decision to DL someone to let the injury heal.

Injuries happen fast. Paredes hurt his back just before opening day while working out in the gym. That help solve a roster crunch. Garcia could throw 92 mph but they DL'd him because he couldn't get to 95 mph. And of course Mike Wright was called up to replace him. Funny how that works.

Stuff happens.

I am not sure how it works when a player has to accept the assignment or forfeit their salary. Don't think that is the case through for DeAza.

Archived