Caleb for full-time DH vs LHP when Wieters returns

FanSince88

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Joseph's MLB line is .227/.295/.381. He's 29. Odds are reasonable that he'll trend towards that career mark, and that's not something you really want at DH if you can help it.

Lets stick to tbe argument. The issue is DH vs LHP which Joseph split very well at in the minors. It's also a short term poroposal.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets stick to tbe argument. The issue is DH vs LHP which Joseph split very well at in the minors. It's also a short term poroposal.

I think I'd rather use Delmon, who's only real productive role is DH vs. LHP. But sure, in the short term a team can get away with almost anything.

I think I'd rather use Delmon, who's only real productive role is DH vs. LHP. But sure, in the short term a team can get away with almost anything.

I think the OP's proposal was for Delmon in RF....where he's arguably done fairly well over his careeer and this year.. until maybe yesterday. .

I think the OP's proposal was for Delmon in RF....where he's arguably done fairly well over his careeer and this year.. until maybe yesterday. .

Okay. I still wouldn't do that. Yes, his UZR/150 in RF is 0.1. But that's mostly from 2006-07. His overall metrics in LF are very bad in more than twice as many innings. The last time he played 500 innings in a season in right he was a -22. The Fan's Scouting Report has him as a -6 OFer. And for whatever it's worth Fangraphs' "Inside Edge" breakdowns indicate 28 of 30 balls Delmon has fielded in RF this year graded out as Routine, the other two Likely. I would love to ask Buck, off the record, what he thinks of Delmon's abilities and why he keeps playing him in the field and vs. RHPing. I don't get it.

Okay. I still wouldn't do that. Yes, his UZR/150 in RF is 0.1. But that's mostly from 2006-07. His overall metrics in LF are very bad in more than twice as many innings. The last time he played 500 innings in a season in right he was a -22. The Fan's Scouting Report has him as a -6 OFer. And for whatever it's worth Fangraphs' "Inside Edge" breakdowns indicate 28 of 30 balls Delmon has fielded in RF this year graded out as Routine, the other two Likely. I would love to ask Buck, off the record, what he thinks of Delmon's abilities and why he keeps playing him in the field and vs. RHPing. I don't get it.

Yeah, I can't argue with much of that. Up until the past couple days he seemed to be getting by out there (his DRS was pretty high actually). Playing him in RF against LHP would be ok imo, but yeah I'd rather have the LH bats in there against the RHP, even if they have been painful so far.

Yeah, I can't argue with much of that. Up until the past couple days he seemed to be getting by out there (his DRS was pretty high actually). Playing him in RF against LHP would be ok imo, but yeah I'd rather have the LH bats in there against the RHP, even if they have been painful so far.

Snider's 104 wRC+ has been more painful than Delmon's 81?

Archived