Worst hitting MLB team in May

Aglets

Just to tie this thread off with a bow.

We did finish May off with the worst OPS in the majors. We finished tied with the Mets for 28th in runs scored (although we played one more game than them).

With the substantial improvements made in pitching........we really need to get this offense thing straightened out.

I wonder if it's entirely a coincidence that our pitching improved just as our offense went south. Maybe we've just had an unusual run of pitchers' umpires, or stadiums with dead air where the ball wasn't carrying very well. In other words, maybe our hitters haven't been as bad as they've seemed lately, and at the same time our pitchers haven't been as good as they've seemed.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two runners stranded on 3rd with one out tonight. June looks just as bad as May so far.

What the hell is Everth Cabrera doing in the major leagues anyway? He can't hit, he can't field, he can't even bunt. I'd rather have Rey Navarro on the team, with Flaherty sliding over to SS when JJ can't play.

They threw numbers at 3 spots and it has blown up in their face. We have nothing in this minors to get excited about. Lough, Pearce, Young and Snider are a mixture of players that all have flaws and aren't good enough individually to play everyday. It is one thing to try a platoon at one spot but right now we have a DH playing RF, Pearce looks awful, Lough has terrible instincts. I like Snider but even vs RHP he does not always play. If it wasn't for a great stretch by Paredes where would we be. No offense to Reimold and Parmalee but banking on them to help is foolish. Ownership will not invest internationally so we are left with the Alvarez's and Urrutia's of the world. It isn't getting better. I mean who replaces Davis? We have nobody. Who fills the corner spots in the OF next year?

Archived