As much as most of us root for Crush... He's not helping on offense...

Bazooka Jones

And... he may not come around.

There is a lot of faith being put into Chris and I can understand that, but he is just not helping bring in runs enough.

I am not sure why Buck isn't, at least, dropping him down in the order for now... Can't win on luck. He's swinging through big spots.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's flat out killing us. Just looks completely lost. He is not even making productive outs. Thankfully, he got the run in yesterday on the sac fly, but missed an opportunity to give us 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Pearce up. In the first situation, a bunt would have been a great play in a scoreless game, but Buck is probably thinking "you don't bunt with your cleanup hitter."

Move Paredes to cleanup, and rotate Delmon, Snider, and Pearce in No. 2 depending on who is starting that day. My lineup of the day:

Machado 3B, Snider LF, Jones CF, Paredes DH, Pearce 2B, Davis 1B, Hardy SS, Lough RF, Joseph C.

I seem to remember him knocking in the only run the O's had last night.

Chris is on pace to hit 30 homers, knock in 87 runs and strike out 241 times and play good defense. Its kind of mixed bag but if that is who Chris is this year I can live with it. With that many strikeouts I don't see him getting a huge long term contract but he will get paid.

The O's have a lot bigger problems on offense than Chris IMO.

There is a lot of faith being put into Chris and I can understand that, but he is just not helping bring in runs enough.

I am not sure why Buck isn't, at least, dropping him down in the order for now... Can't win on luck. He's swinging through big spots.

He is not dropping him down in the order because that would be a reaction to the past, and the SSS past is not a good predictor of what is going to happen tonight. His wOBA for the year is higher than last years. We know he is streaky. We know he can bust out at any moment. Why are we overreacting to every slump a streaky hitter has?

Chris is on pace to hit 30 homers, knock in 87 runs and strike out 241 times and play good defense. Its kind of mixed bag but if that is who Chris is this year I can live with it. With that many strikeouts I don't see him getting a huge long term contract but he will get paid.

I'm not sure what the stats will end up as, but that pace is only because of a decent stretch earlier in the season. Anything can happen, but he's looking rough at the moment.

I'm not sure what the stats will end up as, but that pace is only because of a decent stretch earlier in the season.

I still think it is much more likely that he maintains that pace than continues on the .121/.227/.276 clip that he has had over his last 17 games.

I'm not sure what the stats will end up as, but that pace is only because of a decent stretch earlier in the season. Anything can happen, but he's looking rough at the moment.

He has up and down times. I doubt that changes.

And he won't come out of his funk without playing him. I know it's frustrating but

I don't know what can be done. IMO

I would say that Davis' lack of production this month has contributed greatly to the team's offensive woes. I checked his monthly game log on ESPN. For the month of June his OBP was .333, Slg. .549, & OPS .883. For the month of June the numbers are .247 OBP, Slg. .308, & OPS .555. Thes are really poor numbers from anybody, much less your cleanup hitter. We all know that the guy is streaky, and he has the ability to carry the team. Unfortunately, the Orioles have not had anyone else to carry the team offensively this month. So Davis' performance is more glaring.

He needs to be dropped in the order immediately. If that doesn't help then he needs to get benched for at least a few games. Davis plays pretty good defense and he plays hard but he is a rally killer on offense and enough is enough.

The front office was foolish for counting on Davis in the offseason and it is being compounded by him hitting in the middle of the order.

He's flat out killing us. Just looks completely lost. He is not even making productive outs. Thankfully, he got the run in yesterday on the sac fly, but missed an opportunity to give us 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Pearce up. In the first situation, a bunt would have been a great play in a scoreless game, but Buck is probably thinking "you don't bunt with your cleanup hitter."

Move Paredes to cleanup, and rotate Delmon, Snider, and Pearce in No. 2 depending on who is starting that day. My lineup of the day:

Machado 3B, Snider LF, Jones CF, Paredes DH, Pearce 2B, Davis 1B, Hardy SS, Lough RF, Joseph C.

A lot of people here have argued that strikeouts are no worse than any other out. I agree with you, Davis isn't even making productive outs and that is killing the team since he is batting in the middle of the order.

No they don't

Despite what would appear likely, in the AL batting order is essentially irrelevant.

Archived