ERod to make major league debut for Boston Thursday against Texas

Crazysilver03

There were conflicting reports on Rodriguez last summer -- (1) multiple industry folk said he was pitching beat-up and the stuff was still flashing the same upside it had in the past, maybe a bit better, and (2) multiple industry folk said the stuff was down and growth had stalled. Goes to show how even multiple looks at a player can yield different takes depending on the days you catch him.

I generally didn't like the idea of the trade, but I understood it and saw it as defensible so long as Baltimore fully leveraged Miller's use and bet right that he was a key piece. In hindsight it wasn't a necessary trade at all, but at the time I can understand why Baltimore decided to pull the trigger.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe without Miller' date=' we don't beat the Tigers. Would you trade that experience to have Erod back?[/quote']

Duquette already said it was either we traded for Miller or he went to the Tigers. There is no Delmon Young Double if Miller is pitching. I'm happy with an ALCS appearance.

It's funny that Ed Rod debuts and Wilson makes his first start the same day. We traded from a position of strength for a need.

I was strongly against the trade also. But judging a pitcher based on his debut performance before the league has seen much of him is premature. I do think EdRod has a chance to be real good, which is why I was against the deal despite Miller's obvious ability to make a short term contribution to our team.

If we're still in near the deadline, let's just pray DD doesn't make a trade. First Strop and Arrieta for Feldman and then Ed Rod for Miller.

I don't understand how anyone can hold the Feldman trade against DD. Strop and Jake were done as Os.

I don't understand how anyone can hold the Feldman trade against DD. Strop and Jake were done as Os.

i actually don't have a problem with that trade, mostly being funny. But seriously, whoever DD decides he's willing to trade.. those guys, we keep!

I don't have a huge problem with the trade based on how ERod was looking at the time. It would have been worth it if we had just gotten to the World Series (not won).

If effect, we gave him way. Miller wasn't the difference between us winning or losing the division or the difference in us losing a series against the Tigers that we ended up sweeping in four games. It is what it is. But it sucks.

Said this in other thread:

I don't like trading blue chip prospects for rentals of relievers that we were never going to resign. Hated it then, still hate it now. I understand why...but look at the final numbers of O's relievers at the end of the year. Think it's very real some guys that aren't getting paid much put up stellar numbers.

ERod was a very young, lefty pitcher with a very high ceiling. And we gave him away for a very short period of time use of a reliever.

Said this in other thread:

I don't like trading blue chip prospects for rentals of relievers that we were never going to resign. Hated it then, still hate it now. I understand why...but look at the final numbers of O's relievers at the end of the year. Think it's very real some guys that aren't getting paid much put up stellar numbers.

ERod was a very young, lefty pitcher with a very high ceiling. And we gave him away for a very short period of time use of a reliever.

Exactly 100% agree with this. Thanks.

We have a rant section maybe we should have a sour grapes section.

Sour grapes? Or reviewing historical moves made by the FO and the related evaluation and discussion about whether it was a competent move that was in the best interest of the franchise's future?

You guys crack me up.

If he was still one of our guys you would all be saying to take a step back, because it was only one start.

Since we traded him to Boston, we've already voted him into the Hall of Fame.

You guys crack me up.

If he was still one of our guys you would all be saying to take a step back, because it was only one start.

Since we traded him to Boston, we've already voted him into the Hall of Fame.

No, look at every single start since he was traded.

Archived