Bryce Harper Watch

CA-ORIOLE

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Remind me what illegal substance Ruth was rumored to have used?
    • I agree with this...somewhat.  But if we do trade Santander this offseason, I think it further hurts us against southpaw starters. I don't want the Orioles to go out and load up on right-handed hitters just to load up on right-handed hitters, but I would like to see the Orioles either (i) commit to adding players that have proven to hit lefties (whether a right-handed hitter or not) or (ii) commit to playing guys like Stowers against lefties instead of writing a completely different lineup against southpaws. Platooning is good and all when it makes sense, but I'd rather not pigeon-hole someone as a platoon player before he's proven himself to be one (particularly when he's shown well against lefties in the minors). 
    • Integrity?  I don't like Aaron Judge making us his ***** for 6+ years.  Let him hit it against someone else.  He's had a great, historic season, it's been plenty fine for MLB.  I like the MLB just fine, but they still can't overcome their issues when Judge is hitting 60+ homers and you have a guy in Anaheim doing stuff no one's ever seen before and they're having a hard time getting people out to the park to see it.  MLB is declining in popularity whether or not Judge hits 1, 2 or 13 homers this weekend.
    • You pitch to Judge if it makes sense in the game to pitch to Judge and you walk him if it makes sense to walk him. The Orioles are "essentially" out of contention, but you still play to win the games. If Judge comes up with a runner on second and 1 out late in a close game, I'm walking him to set up the double-play and go after a lesser hitter. But I'm not walking him to walk him. If he hits 62, 63 or whatever against us then congratulations to him....hopefully we win anyway. 
    • Thank goodness that PED using Ruth lost the record!   Baseball players cheat, they just do. Folks need to grow up about it. Lots of your favorite players growing up were probably cheating. Bonds was just better, better at it and better at baseball.
    • Yes.  I enjoyed the recaps and the video clips.   Thank you!
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now