Bryce Harper Watch

CA-ORIOLE

I think baseball fans collectively hold their breath every time he comes up with a sprain, tweak, pull...the kid is so special and could mean so much to the game and he's his own biggest enemy. The way he plays the game is amazing but the injury bug is the only thing that can hold him back.

• 2 weeks later...

Has 25 HR's

Has a 224 OPS+

Has a 5.0 rWAR through 75 games played (fallen from 5.3 @ 63 games) .

Fielding (DRS) rates him at 15 runs above average in RF (dropped from +21 @63 games).

On pace for an approximate 10 WAR season.

Has fallen of the pace a bit with some injuries, missed time and defense dropping off a bit.

I think baseball fans collectively hold their breath every time he comes up with a sprain, tweak, pull...the kid is so special and could mean so much to the game and he's his own biggest enemy. The way he plays the game is amazing but the injury bug is the only thing that can hold him back.

I might actually cry if he signs with the Yankees.

I might actually cry if he signs with the Yankees.

I get angry every time I hear Frank Sinatra as his walk up music.

I love Frank because he is legend but let's not kid ourselves....

I'll enjoy him as long as he is in DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could very easily see him as my most disliked player in the game if/when he becomes a Yank or Sock. I guess my best hope is for him to become a Dodger.

Dodger or stay as a Nat. Keep him out of the AL, please.

Dodger or stay as a Nat. Keep him out of the AL, please.

It might just be me, but that's too close, too many mentions in the Washington press that I can't avoid. And too many accolades from the folks who say they're both Nats and O's fans. I wince whenever I talk to someone who says they like both teams. That's like being a Baptist and an Anglican. Or if you're a Buddhist and you decided in 2005 to add Catholicism. It's weird.

It might just be me, but that's too close, too many mentions in the Washington press that I can't avoid. And too many accolades from the folks who say they're both Nats and O's fans. I wince whenever I talk to someone who says they like both teams. That's like being a Baptist and an Anglican. Or if you're a Buddhist and you decided in 2005 to add Catholicism. It's weird.

I don't either. But everybody responded to the Expos move differently I guess. I live more closer to DC than Baltimore but Orioles first and always. The O's were who I watched as a kid, who gave me my baseball heroes, and Camden Yards was where I would dream of playing at. The Nats are always going to feel like the Expos to me. Anyhow I think Harper goes to the Yanks. I respect his talent but the guy himself has always annoyed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you, but I could definitely get behind a Manny vs. Harper / Baltimore vs. DC rivalry that spans twenty years or so.

• 2 years later...

Archived