Stark:Roberts deal could be done next week

goodol23

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we do in deed trade Roberts for Gallagher, then we definitely won't need Lohse, IMO.

That'll leave ALL of Penn, Olson, Albers and Liz for back-up options for anyone who is ineffective or injured in the rotation.

I dunno man...I think if we get Gallagher he starts in AAA, for some dumb reason.

I think we've made it clear that we want two vet arms in the rotation for whatever reason this year. Trax is enough, the Lohse thing still is puzzling...there isn't any pressure for the youngsters this year since we're not expected to contend...

I could personally care less if Trachsel is the OD starter. He's got to pitch any way, so if he leads off the season, its not that big of a deal. If Guthrie is lights out in his remaining ST innings, I hope that Trembley may "promote" him to OD starter...but I just truly don't know why anyone would be upset about Trax leading off the season in an obvious rebuilding year.

I could personally care less if Trachsel is the OD starter. He's got to pitch any way, so if he leads off the season, its not that big of a deal. If Guthrie is lights out in his remaining ST innings, I hope that Trembley may "promote" him to OD starter...but I just truly don't know why anyone would be upset about Trax leading off the season in an obvious rebuilding year.

Maybe because the franchise just shipped off our best pitcher since Mussina, and our best SS since Cal and they don't want to see a Steve Trachsel on the mound on OD. OD has a lot fans who normally aren't there (especially in Baltimore), show them our future. Not Trax. This would be extremely stupid.

So this is what journalism has come to? What a sad, sad commentary on the overall state or our culture. Whether it's sports, politics, or anything else, "all the news that's fit to print" these days seems to amount to nothing more than rumors steeped in innuendo. Where have all the real reporters gone? :(

It cracks me up that these high-paid "experts" are reporting rumors that we've been talking about for weeks (or months). Also, I think they make up some of the speculation (i.e. Team A needs a CF + Team B has an extra CF= automatic trade rumor whether there's been discussion between the teams or not). I really think they get they're info from message boards and blogs. They will be bragging about their credibility when Gallagher and Cedeno are included in the Roberts trade. DUH!

As for Trax starting on OD, I am going to the game, and I always hope for a win on OD, so I hope Trax is not pitching.

And if he is, I'm going to need one of those "I'm here because someone told me the beer is free when Trachsel pitches."

If trax pitches, it'll be good though. That way when I get home at 6 the game will still be on, probably only in like the 3rd inning.

STRIKE TWO -- Bird Land: An official of one club that has been in touch with the Orioles and Cubs predicts the Orioles will trade Brian Roberts to Wrigleyville in the third week of March. The most likely package continues to be Roberts and Jay Payton for Sean Gallagher, Ronny Cedeno and at least one more prospect.

The Orioles also have been telling clubs they'll add at least one more veteran starting pitcher before Opening Day. Translation: Kyle Lohse, if they can keep Scott Boras' asking price within reason.

At the moment, the Orioles are planning on Steve Trachsel as their Opening Day starter, just to take the heat off their younger pitchers. Which leads us to this question: What's the last team to start a free agent who signed a minor-league contract on Opening Day? If you can think of one, let us know, at uselessinfodept@yahoo.com.

This is an almost unbelievable post. It's a perfect storm of "oh yea, this is the 98th time we've heard Roberts is going to be traded ASAP", along with "oh my God we're really going to sign Kyle Lohse?!?! :eek: " and "the guy some of us think shouldn't start opening day for Norfolk is starting opening day for the Orioles?!?! :eek: "

I'm havin' a real hard time believing any of it.

This is an almost unbelievable post. It's a perfect storm of "oh yea, this is the 98th time we've heard Roberts is going to be traded ASAP", along with "oh my God we're really going to sign Kyle Lohse?!?! :eek: " and "the guy some of us think shouldn't start opening day for Norfolk is starting opening day for the Orioles?!?! :eek: "

Yeah, if I didnt know better, I would have thought that was from a Jay Leno monologue.

Roberts isn't going anywhere.

Wait, sorry.

I don't THINK Roberts isn't going anywhere. Wouldn't want to confuse anyone.

When you used a double-negative in the second sentence, you certainly covered your bases well. ;) You have Roberts both staying and going elsewhere.

The e-mail address was a bit suspicious. ;)

Archived