vs. WHITE SOX, 5/28 (Game Two)

OFFNY

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I guess it's a good thing Buck didn't bench Manny?

I know a season is won a battle at a time, but baseball is about managing people not statistical machines. Manny needs to learn a valuable lesson. Some learn it from teammates, some learn it from media backlash and some learn it from coaching punishments. I'm already assuming that teammates have talked to him about it. Personally, if I were managing, I would resort to a punishment at this state. This is far from his first violation.

o

Clevenger walked away and didn't argue the call on the 3-2 pitch.

Much like Greg Zaun walked away and didn't argue a borderline pitch in 2009 when he was batting, because he was the catcher, and his pitcher (Brad Bergesen) was in the midst of throwing 8 innings of 1-run ball against the Red Sox.

Catchers generally argue a little less, because they need the umpire more than just when they are batting.

I know a season is won a battle at a time, but baseball is about managing people not statistical machines. Manny needs to learn a valuable lesson. Some learn it from teammates, some learn it from media backlash and some learn it from coaching punishments. I'm already assuming that teammates have talked to him about it. Personally, if I were managing, I would resort to a punishment at this state. This is far from his first violation.

Pretty confident Buck doesn't let things like that go without addressing it. Not worth it to make it a bigger issue by benching him.

Was that not a terrible to call to Clevenger for strike 3?... That looked like a pretty clear ball. The umpire has called balls for Wright on pitches that were very similar, if not even closer to the plate.

Jones needs to pick it up too. Not since his rookie year has he had a lower ISO. Including this game, he has just one XBH in his last 16 games. It's great that he cut down on his K's but he needs to pick up his ISO.

o

Clevenger walked away and didn't argue the call on the 3-2 pitch.

Much like Greg Zaun walked away and didn't argue a borderline pitch in 2009 when he was batting, because he was the catcher, and his pitcher (Brad Bergesen) was in the midst of throwing 8 innings of 1-run ball against the Red Sox.

Catchers generally argue a little less, because they need the umpire more than just when they are batting.

Good memory! Heck I barely remembered Greg Zaun played for the Os.

Archived