"As much as most of us root for Bud . . . he's not helping our pitching"

weams

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think Bud is having some type of arm/shoulder issue that he is not disclosing. But, if not, you have to think at some point that he is due to pitch somewhere back to his averages and that would be a benefit to try to get at least get some of those on our side of the ledger.

I still think Bud is having some type of arm/shoulder issue that he is not disclosing. But, if not, you have to think at some point that he is due to pitch somewhere back to his averages and that would be a benefit to try to get at least get some of those on our side of the ledger.

It was reported that he hit 95 in his start at Bowie.

That doesn't sound like someone with an arm issue.

It was reported that he hit 95 in his start at Bowie.

That doesn't sound like someone with an arm issue.

No, you are right, it doesn't. Hopefully then he can get back closer to his averages and get us a few wins here over the next month or so. Even with Buck's public vote of confidence, I don't think Bud has much leash left.

Jake was more awful when he pitched for us than Bud Norris has ever been except for the beginning of season which is an aberration from his career.

His "career" is that of a less than average pitcher. He never had the ceiling of Arrieta. Norris outperformed his career norms last year and was still slightly above league average.

His "career" is that of a less than average pitcher. He never had the ceiling of Arrieta. Norris outperformed his career norms last year and was still slightly above league average.

Problem with Arrieta's "ceiling" was he kept ramming his daggone head smack into it the whole time he was here. I will go with Buck's judgement who must be one of those for whom it must be "hard to accept that he just isn't that good." I will go out on another limb here and predict that Bud won't end the 2015 season with a 9.88 ERA and 1.866 WHIP. Unless he is injured, I hope he will find his norms (which admittedly are those of a 4 or 5 starter).

Archived