2016 First Baseman Is......?

TonySoprano

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Cuban 1B/3B Ramon Lunar has escaped from country and settled in Venezuela (.321/.423/.510 career w/ 55 HR's in six seasons). <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLB?src=hash">#MLB</a></p>— Max Wildstein (@MaxWildstein) <a href="
">May 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Almost 10 HR/Yr. Sounds like the type of Cuban hitter the O's like to target.

Don't you think we will do what the Marlins did?

Other than Stanton, is there anything the Marlins did that you'd want the O's to do?

But despite the lack of obvious choices for 1b in 12016, I'm confident it won't be so much of a problem. After all, how much is Crush really helping this team? A few wins here and there for late inning home runs of course, but how many games does his bat hurt the team? I see the O's doing what the Giants do on offense, which is really the trend most good teams do anyways- don't overpay for big bats. Getting guys who have good plate discipline and some pop is better than all pop and no discipline, and guys like Parmelee and Walker could very will fit that role next year. Pearce too if he can show last year was not a fluke. I'm ok with that approach instead of making a trade.

What about Delmon Young at first? Don't ever here much about Delmon there so that suggests not. But man I'd love to find a position for him everyday.

I was kidding, I know the seasons in Cuba are not as long as in the US.

I assumed so. I was just putting some numbers out there to lead to my joke about O's and BB:K ratios. No offense intended. Sorry.

In other Ramon Lunar news, it looks like he was used to wearing the orange & black.

Maybe we should try to trade for Adam Lind right now. He has DHd and played LF some as well as first. He has a reasonable 2016 option. Would have to break up some of the outfielder logjam even more though.

Wonder if Lind is StL's main 1b target? Hopefully, Howard isn't the runner-up "prize"?

I assumed so. I was just putting some numbers out there to lead to my joke about O's and BB:K ratios. No offense intended. Sorry.

In other Ramon Lunar news, it looks like he was used to wearing the orange & black.

Takes a lot more then that to offend me.

Trey Mancini. Could be in Bowie before season out. Never know.

He should be in Bowie right now. He has .827 OPS at Frederick. I saw him at Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago. He was a man among boys. He hit a shot off the top of the huge green wall in dead center at TicketReturn.com Field that was smoked and another shot down the right field line for a double.

He should be in Bowie right now. He has .827 OPS at Frederick. I saw him at Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago. He was a man among boys. He hit a shot off the top of the huge green wall in dead center at TicketReturn.com Field that was smoked and another shot down the right field line for a double.

ND alumni out to prove the projections incorrect.

ND alumni out to prove the projections incorrect.

A good eye, very compact smooth swing, moved well around the first base bag for a big kid. He was the only position player that stood out that game for Frederick as having significantly polished skills.

Archived