Hardy might be hurt

eddie83

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last two seasons for the Twins Parmalee has 9 homers on the road in 270 Plate appearences. Left handed hitters in Minnesota have all sorts of trouble hitting homers just look at Mauer. That is not a huge power bat but if you put him in Camden Yards he could hit 20 or so homers. This season he has an OPS on the road in Norfolk over 1.000.

In the last two seasons for the Twins Parmalee has 9 homers on the road in 270 Plate appearences. Left handed hitters in Minnesota have all sorts of trouble hitting homers just look at Mauer. That is not a huge power bat but if you put him in Camden Yards he could hit 20 or so homers. This season he has an OPS on the road in Norfolk over 1.000.

And he has been consistent all year. Much more so than Reimold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mauer isn't a power hitter. He has had a grand total of one season with even 15 home runs. And he played in the "homer dome" for years.

You say Schoop has power but if you look at his numbers and home run totals per ab for his career they are worse the Parmalee's numbers on the road as a Twin the last three years.

Schoop had 16 homers in 455 at bats last season. 1 over 28.5 at bats He has 34 extra base hits during that time

Parmalee the last three with Twins on the road 14 homers in 362 at bats. 1 every 26 at bats. He has 33 extra base hits.

I am not saying he is going to hit like I believe Schoop will in the future but if you look at his power numbers on the road the last three years and also this season in Norfolk he has the ability to hit 20 homers as a lefty in Camden Yards.

You say Schoop has power but if you look at his numbers and home run totals per ab for his career they are worse the Parmalee's numbers on the road as a Twin the last three years.

Schoop had 16 homers in 455 at bats last season. 1 over 28.5 at bats He has 34 extra base hits during that time

Parmalee the last three with Twins on the road 14 homers in 362 at bats. 1 every 26 at bats. He has 33 extra base hits.

I am not saying he is going to hit like I believe Schoop will in the future but if you look at his power numbers on the road the last three years and also this season in Norfolk he has the ability to hit 20 homers as a lefty in Camden Yards.

Schoop is also just 23 and still growing and his body is maturing and developing his power stroke.

You are ignoring the fact that Parmalee is four years older than Schoop and that Parmalee's major league numbers have declined with experience.

Schoop is 23. He managed 16 HR last season despite hitting .209 and frankly looking seriously overmatched on a regular basis.

Parmelee is 26.

Schoop has more power.

Schoop is also just 23 and still growing and his body is maturing and developing his power stroke.

So was Marakis we thought at 23. Again not saying what Schoop will do as I think he is a power bat in the future but talking about this season and we are also not comparing letting Parmalee come up and hit now to Schoop since Schoop is hurt. If Hardy is out and you move Manny to SS some it would get Parmalee into the lineup and take Cabrera who has done nothing with the bat out of playing SS.

Archived