Flaherty: hot streak, or improved hitter?

Frobby

I don't know that I'm astute enough to pick up on minor adjustments. And I know I'm not good enough to tell when a major league player has made a tweak that leads to a change in something like line-drive rate. All I know is that most players in mid-career are constantly making adjustments to try to stay right around what they've done in the past. Yes, players sometimes, occasionally fix flaws and have a step change in performance. It's real hard to tell when that is.

And I'm not making fun of Flaherty with that Pascual Perez reference. I'm just making fun of the idea that Flaherty "coming to work every day" is unusual or noteworthy among major leaguers.

sorry if I offended you with my comment drungo. How would you describe Ryan?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
No offense taken at all. He's just a good utility player.

Flaherty looks even better when you compare him to the guys that other teams have to use when one of their middle infielders (or 3Bman) gets injured or is rested. I hope that after Schoop comes back he continues to see some time at 2B, SS or 3B (if Manny ever cools down a little), especially since the regulars there are all righties.

Flaherty looks even better when you compare him to the guys that other teams have to use when one of their middle infielders (or 3Bman) gets injured or is rested. I hope that after Schoop comes back he continues to see some time at 2B, SS or 3B (if Manny ever cools down a little), especially since the regulars there are all righties.

I wouldn't mind him giving Hardy regular breaks.

Good thing that was just a 3 year deal.

Interesting day for Flaherty today -- he had four plate appearances but only one official at bat, even though he drew no walks. He had a sacrifice fly, a hit by pitch and a sacrifice bunt.

Whatever it takes Frobby. In addition to being and all around stud, there is a T in Flaherty.

Archived