The moves today should help the O's win

wildcard

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope it isn't Reimold, but I could see Roy getting excited by that....might make sense. He doesn't improve on anything we currently have.

Looks like Reimold has an interest clause not really an opt out clause. Did not know Parmalee has an opt out clause.

Nolan Reimold is still on the club’s roster Saturday, and though he may be the final cut Sunday, he does have a clause in his contract that would get him out of the minors in July if another team wants him.

According to an industry source, Reimold has a contract provision that would require the Orioles to send an email to the other 29 clubs on Saturday, July 11 to canvass their interest in adding Reimold to a 25-man roster –- if he is not already on the Orioles’ 25-man.

Those teams would have 24 hours to respond -– that Sunday is the last day of the first half of the regular season.

If a team is interested, the Orioles must either place Reimold on their 25-man or “assign” him to that interested team -– it would likely be a cash considerations deal.

If no team shows interest, the Orioles don’t have to do anything with the 31-year-old Reimold.

It’s a slightly different take on a fairly common situation theses days -– when former major leaguers sign minor league deals.

ibia and Chris Parmelee, for instance, have stipulations that would allow them to opt out of their contracts at various times during the year if they have a chance at jobs elsewhere.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-looking-into-reimolds-opt-out-in-july-20150404-story.html

I think Clevenger may stay with the club when Wieters is activated.

He's swinging the bat well (.455), and he can play first base as well.

I think Cabrera or Snider will be DFAed today.

My gut tells me that it will most likely be Snider.

The mental mistake of forgetting the number of outs was awful and he the most impact he has had offensively is his ability to draw a walk on occassion.

I'd rather give Pearce the extra Ab's and have Clevenger on the bench as a pinch hitter and to help out behind the plate.

Cabrera is a backup CF, but I dont he sticks over Lough.

Everth Cabrera? He is not a backup CF. He has never played the outfield in his major league career, and only 7 games there in his 349-game minor league career.

Looks like Reimold has an interest clause not really an opt out clause. Did not know Parmalee has an opt out clause.

Nolan Reimold is still on the club?s roster Saturday, and though he may be the final cut Sunday, he does have a clause in his contract that would get him out of the minors in July if another team wants him.

According to an industry source, Reimold has a contract provision that would require the Orioles to send an email to the other 29 clubs on Saturday, July 11 to canvass their interest in adding Reimold to a 25-man roster ?- if he is not already on the Orioles? 25-man.

Those teams would have 24 hours to respond -? that Sunday is the last day of the first half of the regular season.

If a team is interested, the Orioles must either place Reimold on their 25-man or ?assign? him to that interested team -? it would likely be a cash considerations deal.

If no team shows interest, the Orioles don?t have to do anything with the 31-year-old Reimold.

It?s a slightly different take on a fairly common situation theses days -? when former major leaguers sign minor league deals.

ibia and Chris Parmelee, for instance, have stipulations that would allow them to opt out of their contracts at various times during the year if they have a chance at jobs elsewhere.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-looking-into-reimolds-opt-out-in-july-20150404-story.html

That is over a month away. Reimold could be on the DL twice before that happens.

It's too bad the O's don't have another backup CF on the roster. It's long past time to part ways with David Lough.

David Lough is a 4th outfielder type and a defensive replacement. Those expecting him to be OPSing over .700 I don't think understand what a 4th outfielder is. If he was better than what he is, he'd be starting.

Cabrera is the DFA candidate. Snider for Reimold might be the surprise move.

Maybe we're trading for Nelson Cruz? That "kid" seems to be doing fairly well in Seattle. Why can't we ever get players like him? :D

Here's my call. Lough traded. Alvarez called up.

If this happens, then we MUST let the kid play. Through good or bad, we have to leave him in there and start developing at the Major League level. I still think a lot of our problems this year are due to the play a day, rest a day routine that Buck has putt he outfielders through. I get that they haven't really earned playing time, but its hard to get into a good rhythm when you're constantly benched after an 0fer game.

If this happens, then we MUST let the kid play. Through good or bad, we have to leave him in there and start developing at the Major League level. I still think a lot of our problems this year are due to the play a day, rest a day routine that Buck has putt he outfielders through. I get that they haven't really earned playing time, but its hard to get into a good rhythm when you're constantly benched after an 0fer game.

Yeah, I basically agree with all of this.

Archived