Just one word to all the posters who expressed a preference for Caleb over Wieters

mdbdotcom

Perhaps less exaggeration on your part would make it seem less like crapola.

I wish I was exaggerating, but, seen some very silly comments about Matt, in 2013, a couple of posters suggested we get rid of him and any replacement level AAA catcher would do just as well.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More nonsense.

At the end of the day its simple resource allocation mathematics.

CJ is cheap and will produce at a reasonable level. MW is going to cost a ton of money for modest increase in production

A team that would allocate huge resources to MW when they have CJ in the fold is not to smart IMO

CJ is cheap and will produce at a reasonable level. MW is going to cost a ton of money for modest increase in production

A team that would allocate huge resources to MW when they have CJ in the fold is not to smart IMO

This is how I feel. Just like Snider will give you almost the same production as Markakis when the year is out for a fraction of the cost. Now how they spend the money is another matter...

I wish I was exaggerating, but, seen some very silly comments about Matt, in 2013, a couple of posters suggested we get rid of him and any replacement level AAA catcher would do just as well.

No one with any common sense stated that. You are exaggerating.

But with CJ the O's were 5 games under .500. With Matt they are playing .667 baseball. That's easily worth the salary differential to pay Matt.

:D

More nonsense.

Matt is probably not worth 8.3 Million as a half time catcher for 60 percent of the season.

But with CJ the O's were 5 games under .500. With Matt they are playing .667 baseball. That's easily worth the salary differential to pay Matt.

:D

That's to funny.

I think it is completely possible to think that Matt is a better catcher and better player than CJ but recognize that the difference between the two does not justify the cost especially with the number of other guys leaving.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Matt is probably not worth 8.3 Million as a half time catcher for 60 percent of the season.

I don't recall any objection to arbing Wieters in the offseason. I think most realized he might not be ready at the beginning of the year and/or wouldn't be fully recovered.

I don't recall any objection to arbing Wieters in the offseason. I think most realized he might not be ready at the beginning of the year and/or wouldn't be fully recovered.

Most of us was really hoping he would be ready to play part-time in April and back to full time in May.

Probably unrealistic, but given, the team kept saying non pitchers bounce back quicker, we brought into it.

The Matt haters would be up in arms, if they even resigned Matt to a 1 year deal.

I would be fine with giving him a QO. If he takes it, we get another year at market value without a long term commitment. If he turns it down, we get a comp pick.

I could see him catching 70 games and DHing 30 of the remaining 106 games. He could be worth $8.3 million in that time. More importantly, he could help us make the playoffs this season and/or be the instrument to acquire a useful future piece via trade or draft compensation.

I could see him catching 70 games and DHing 30 of the remaining 106 games. He could be worth $8.3 million in that time. More importantly, he could help us make the playoffs this season and/or be the instrument to acquire a useful future piece via trade or draft compensation.

It's not my money. If Pete is willing to spend 8.3 million to have Matt as an option over Lavarnway or Clevenger the rest of the way, I am good with it :)

Archived