2015 Oriole Draft Tracker

I am guessing these guys have signed per Melewski's post:

Also today on the farm: Short-season Single-A Aberdeen's "break camp" roster includes these six 2015 draft picks: outfielder Cedric Mullins (13), infielder Drew Turbin (14), outfielder Mike Odenwaelder (16), catcher Jerry McClanahan (19), infielder Steve Laurino (25) and catcher Stuart Levy (27).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Orioles have signed sixth round selection RHP Jay Flaa and 10th round selection LHP Reid Love.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">June 16, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10th round pick, Reid Love has signed, no money yet.

I believe Melewski inferred that all top 10 round picks (totaling 11 picks) have signed except for Stewart. That would mean that Fenter has signed.

Well, if Stewart's agent can add, he should be able to figure out exactly how much money the O's have available to pay him, right?

Well, if Stewart's agent can add, he should be able to figure out exactly how much money the O's have available to pay him, right?

If I had to guess, I would say the marching orders are "sign who you can leaving at least $[______] for Stewart and give him all available overage."

Per Roch:

"The Orioles signed six more of their picks from the 2015 First-Year Player Draft, raising their total to 23: center fielder Jaylen Ferguson (ninth round), second baseman Drew Turbin (14th), right fielder Mike Odenwaelder (16th), right-hander Juan Echevarria (21st), first baseman Steve Laurino (25th) and catcher Stuart Levy (27th.)"

However, only Echevarria wasn't on a previous list that I had seen.

By my count there are still 10 unsigned non-college players. 5 in the top ten and 5 out of the top 10.

Top 10: #2, #4, #5, #7, & #8

Outside Top 10: #17 Becker HS, #22 Graham CC, #29 Garcia HS, #32 Morris HS, and #37 Pries HS

I believe it was mentioned earlier that they believe that 10 of the top 11 have signed with Stewart the lone one not yet. Overall I think that is promising. The more younger talent that we can get in the system the more bullets the team has to try and find the next Hader, Drake, etc. I would guess based on reading earlier comments that Morris would be the most unlikely to sign at this point? Thankfully the signing period is much earlier than it was years ago so we do not have to wait as long to find out.

If I had to guess, I would say the marching orders are "sign who you can leaving at least $[______] for Stewart and give him all available overage."

Just to be clear then, you believe Stewart will be over slot...$2.065 million...?

If so, I like this pick even less than I did before. :puke:

Just to be clear then, you believe Stewart will be over slot...$2.065 million...?

Based on public info, that's the scenario that makes sense to me. Usually it doesn't take time to negotiate a below slot deal -- they are agreed to before the pick is made because 1) you already know what you want to spend that money on, and 2) if you need/want an under slot deal you can always find someone to take it.

If everyone else in rounds 1-10 signs, it does not make any difference at all how much money Stewart gets. That should have absolutely no bearing on whether or not you like the pick.

If everyone else in rounds 1-10 signs, it does not make any difference at all how much money Stewart gets. That should have absolutely no bearing on whether or not you like the pick.

Unless you only liked the pick if it was an under slot deal required to pay for your over-slotters.

Unless you only liked the pick if it was an under slot deal required to pay for your over-slotters.

But if the overslot guys all sign anyway, what difference does that make to anyone not named Angelos?

But if the overslot guys all sign anyway, what difference does that make to anyone not named Angelos?

1. You like Player A more than Player B

2. Team drafts Player B and a bunch of overslot targets

3. You are okay with it because you assume the team had to draft Player B so that they could get an under-slot deal to free up money to sign the over-slot guys.

4. The over-slot guys all sign and Player B signs for slot or above

Your thought: If we didn't need to draft Player B in order to sign the over-slot guys I would have much much rather drafted Player A.

Then you would not draft a Boras guy. No. Boras wants over slot. Juniors don't get over slot.

Sorry, Weams. Your info is off. First, the bolded is not true -- there are juniors who get over-slot each draft.

Regarding Boras, he represented in 2014 Matt Chapman (college junior from Fullerton drafted by Oakland 25th overall) - signed under slot.

Sorry, Weams. Your info is off. First, the bolded is not true -- there are juniors who get over-slot each draft.

Regarding Boras, he represented in 2014 Matt Chapman (college junior from Fullerton drafted by Oakland 25th overall) - signed under slot.

Thank you for both pieces of information. I think I will just take the 26th pick next season if he's over then. Evidently we got enough from the other to sign Gray.

Thank you for both pieces of information. I think I will just take the 26th pick next season if he's over then. Evidently we got enough from the other to sign Gray.

I'd rather Angelos use the extra money as stuffing in his pillows then give it to a leverage less Boras client.

Archived