2015 ASG Voting Thread (65 Million Ballots Cancelled for Fraud)

TonySoprano

The ballot stuffing to this point has been absurd. But I will say this -- the later voting usually tend to be much more rational and usually overwhelms the early voting.

There's a part of me that wants to see all the Royals win, just to see what Manfred would do about it.

He'll get right on it...after he solves MASN, which will be done after a solution to world hunger is found.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got an email from Orioles.com.

They must be reading OH. :)

It said Jones slips to 5th, for us fans to get off the stick and vote (paraphrase there).

MLB doesn't care, as long as it's not the Orioles 9. :)

Pretty much.

As of today AL AS team according to fWAR

1B MCab

2B Kipnis

3B Donaldson

SS Bogaerts

LF Cespedes

CF Trout

RF Reddick or the top three OF regardless of position are

OF Trout

OF Jones

OF Cespedes

C Russel Martin

DH Cruz

Nary a Royal in the bunch.

It's ridiculous. Salvador Perez is the leading vote getter with almost 4.5 million votes. Haha there isn't even that many people in the KC metro area. As if fans across the country are voting for these idiots...

It's ridiculous. Salvador Perez is the leading vote getter with almost 4.5 million votes. Haha there isn't even that many people in the KC metro area. As if fans across the country are voting for these idiots...
35 votes per e-mail address. Their fans are using the full quota.

Honestly I'm sure the code is pretty simple to automate it. Anyone on OH have a degree in CS and wanna get on it? Let's set up a server farm... we can either vote for the Royals or the O's.

Sounds like a plan.

The voting process is flawed. The players should vote for the starters and players cannot vote for a fellow team member. Let the fans vote for the subs. So, yeah, the process is broken but it is what it is.

What I don’t get the outrage aimed at the Royals fans. It seems to me that they are doing the same thing that I have seen advocated on this board each year. Posts reminding fans to get every one of their 35 ballots cast. Suggestions that multiple e-mail accounts be created to get even more opportunities to cast additional ballots. See if a friend will let a fan use his/her e-mail address to send in ballots. Heck, even the Orioles official web site is urging fans to give the Orioles a “big boost” in voting. Last year the team offered a chance to win team merchandise for voting for the “last man”. And now comes a request for anybody with a CS degree to create a program that will automate the required code to allow easier voting.

Fire at will.

The voting process is flawed. The players should vote for the starters and players cannot vote for a fellow team member.Let the fans vote for the subs. So, yeah, the process is broken but it is what it is.

What I don’t get the outrage aimed at the Royals fans.It seems to me that they are doing the same thing that I have seen advocated on this board each year.Posts reminding fans to get every one of their 35 ballots cast.Suggestions that multiple e-mail accounts be created to get even more opportunities to cast additional ballots.See if a friend will let a fan use his/her e-mail address to send in ballots.Heck, even the Orioles official web site is urging fans to give the Orioles a “big boost” in voting. Last year the team offered a chance to win team merchandise for voting for the “last man”.And now comes a request for anybody with a CS degree to create a program that will automate the required code to allow easier voting.

Fire at will.

given, that the All-star process has a spambot that asks the person to verify a set of numbers listed, it won't be an easy program to write.

given, that the All-star process has a spambot that asks the person to verify a set of numbers listed, it won't be an easy program to write.

Agree. But the request was made to short circuit the system.

The voting process is flawed. The players should vote for the starters and players cannot vote for a fellow team member. Let the fans vote for the subs. So, yeah, the process is broken but it is what it is.

What I don’t get the outrage aimed at the Royals fans. It seems to me that they are doing the same thing that I have seen advocated on this board each year. Posts reminding fans to get every one of their 35 ballots cast. Suggestions that multiple e-mail accounts be created to get even more opportunities to cast additional ballots. See if a friend will let a fan use his/her e-mail address to send in ballots. Heck, even the Orioles official web site is urging fans to give the Orioles a “big boost” in voting. Last year the team offered a chance to win team merchandise for voting for the “last man”. And now comes a request for anybody with a CS degree to create a program that will automate the required code to allow easier voting.

Fire at will.

I'm going to disagree that the voting process is flawed. What is flawed is how MLB handles the game.

It was originally an exhibition game for fans to vote in their favorite players who they didn't get to see very often. When I was a kid, we didn't have 2 or 3 games on ESPN, MLBN, Fox Sports 1, etc. every single day. Hell, we didn't even have our Birds on TV every day. So you rarely got to see the out of town players, and thus the All Star Game was a one time event where we did get to pick and choose which guys we wanted to see. It was different, unique, and this it was special.

Now, with the access of the internet, TV sports channels, etc. we see who we want whenever we want. The All Star Game is not unique and not special. And then it became even worse with the whole "Now it matters" crap.

So yes, I think the fans should still get to vote for who they want, but this nonsense of 35 picks per email address, the "vote Orange" campaigns, etc. is not the intent of the All-Star Game. That just makes it a big joke.

What's even worse, if these Royals hold on and get 7 or 8 guys starting, its the Royals Manager who is managing the ASG, so we'll be sure to see them all stay in the game for a prolonged period. Its gonna suck!

I'm going to disagree that the voting process is flawed. What is flawed is how MLB handles the game.

It was originally an exhibition game for fans to vote in their favorite players who they didn't get to see very often. When I was a kid, we didn't have 2 or 3 games on ESPN, MLBN, Fox Sports 1, etc. every single day. Hell, we didn't even have our Birds on TV every day. So you rarely got to see the out of town players, and thus the All Star Game was a one time event where we did get to pick and choose which guys we wanted to see. It was different, unique, and this it was special.

Now, with the access of the internet, TV sports channels, etc. we see who we want whenever we want. The All Star Game is not unique and not special. And then it became even worse with the whole "Now it matters" crap.

So yes, I think the fans should still get to vote for who they want, but this nonsense of 35 picks per email address, the "vote Orange" campaigns, etc. is not the intent of the All-Star Game. That just makes it a big joke.

What's even worse, if these Royals hold on and get 7 or 8 guys starting, its the Royals Manager who is managing the ASG, so we'll be sure to see them all stay in the game for a prolonged period. Its gonna suck!

ASG games are not without risk, can't image the fans being too happy, if one of his players plays and pulls up lame, the more players, the more risk involved.

What I don?t get the outrage aimed at the Royals fans. It seems to me that they are doing the same thing that I have seen advocated on this board each year. Posts reminding fans to get every one of their 35 ballots cast. Suggestions that multiple e-mail accounts be created to get even more opportunities to cast additional ballots. See if a friend will let a fan use his/her e-mail address to send in ballots. Heck, even the Orioles official web site is urging fans to give the Orioles a ?big boost? in voting. Last year the team offered a chance to win team merchandise for voting for the ?last man?. And now comes a request for anybody with a CS degree to create a program that will automate the required code to allow easier voting.

Fire at will.

If you can point to any post on this board urging anyone to stuff the ballot box, in order to get EVERY MEMBER of the Orioles on the all star team, then I might just have a bridge to sell you.

Archived