2015 ASG Voting Thread (65 Million Ballots Cancelled for Fraud)

TonySoprano

Then who is the Orioles all star? Britton? I doubt we only get 1.

Jones will get selected as a reserve unless he really struggles over the next couple weeks.

Machado has gotten into the conversation with a hot June and Britton has a shot too. We won't get more than two though (including Jones).

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MLB should have stepped in by now.

Don't forget about the Cardinals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, this is Rob Manfred's first challenge as Commissioner. If home field in the World Series weren't on the line, this would not mean nearly as much.

32 man roster (plus final vote) with 8 Royals means there is only 24 spots for the other 14 teams. We shall see.
Jones will get selected as a reserve unless he really struggles over the next couple weeks.

Machado has gotten into the conversation with a hot June and Britton has a shot too. We won't get more than two though (including Jones).

I hope Manny makes it but I guess the odds are low due to Royals fans apparently not having lives. I'd argue that Manny deserves it more than Jones. Jones will make it, though.

Honestly, this is Rob Manfred's first challenge as Commissioner. If home field in the World Series weren't on the line, this would not mean nearly as much.

Spot on sir. Something must be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this article was interesting:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-royals-fans-have-turned-mlb-s-all-star-voting-into-anarchy-000837604.html

The Royals' Eric Hosmer is the best young first baseman in the league. He deserves consideration and may well make the team were he not a Royal.

Nope, Sorry he's not even top 5, maybe around 5th in the AL in my opinion.

Salvador Perez makes as good a case as Russell Martin or Stephen Vogt

Maybe? He's had a decent first half and there arent a lot of catchers hitting well this year.

Alcides Escobar is a perfectly fine choice in a bereft AL shortstop landscape.

Defensively yes

Mike Moustakas isn't Josh Donaldson, but he's right there with Manny Machado.

Dont know about that one LOL!

Lorenzo Cain warrants a spot. Alex Gordon is a back-to-back All-Star having another excellent season.

But neither are top 3 OF in the AL right?

It's weird to think that the Royals actually do have a decent team when you line them up positionally. Nobody is really a superstar though.

I think it is fair to say that Lorenzo Cain is a top 3 OF in the AL. He is #2 in both flavors of WAR. He is probably the second best defensive outfielder in baseball behind Kiermaier and is 11th in wOBA and 13th in wRC+, that puts him safely in the top 3 for me.

Gordon is somewhere in the 3-7 conversation with Jones, Cespedes, Bautista and Kiermaier.

I think Moustakas is clearly behind Machado, especially if you factor in track record. Machado leads Moustakas by 15%+ in both flavors of WAR and I question whether Moustakas can maintain his .348 BABIP.

Hosmer is clearly behind Miguel Cabrera but is in the conversation with Teixeira and Pujols for number 2. I'm not sure who else you could put ahead of him to get him down to #5.

There are only 4 catchers with 220 plate appearances and Perez is one of them. Russell Martin is having the best season but any of Vogt, McCann or Perez would be fine second choices.

Slim pickings at shortstop, Iglesias, Bogaerts and Brad Miller are all having better seasons than Escobar, but none is having such a great season that they would truly be considered snubbed. I didn't realize how bleak the AL shortstop landscape was.

Archived