Chance Sisco....(Promoted to Norfolk)

EagleOriole

You mean the Alvarez who's been on fire for over a month? Incredibly low probability that Sisco will out hit Alvarez down the stretch in ML.

I said September. When the weather cools, so does Pedro. I know Pedro is on a hot streak. It's easy to make predictions when a player is slumping. Stats show that Alvarez does a lot of his damage vs finesse RHP's.

We'll just have different opinions. I don't want to turn a thread about our best prospect into a thread about a boring platoon DH.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sisco is one of two 21 year-old's in the Eastern League Top 10 hitters with a .327 batting average. The leader is hitting .330 and is only 22 years-old himself. There's only one younger player in the top 10, a firstbaseman at #10, hitting .293.

Chance has certainly cemented himself as our top prospect now that Bundy has graduated and Harvey is perpetually injured.

Dude is a hitting machine. He's had the highest batting avg of pretty much every league he's played in. He's 21. If he were a cub he would be a top 25 prospect.

This is super salty and I'm not gonna lie, I like it.

I said September. When the weather cools, so does Pedro. I know Pedro is on a hot streak. It's easy to make predictions when a player is slumping. Stats show that Alvarez does a lot of his damage vs finesse RHP's.

We'll just have different opinions. I don't want to turn a thread about our best prospect into a thread about a boring platoon DH.

I was really commenting more on what I think are outrageously unrealistic expectations about how Sisco would perform in the majors this year, not the boring DH. I don't have a problem with giving Sisco some at bats in September, but if the Orioles are still in contention then it will be relatively few at bats and I don't expect much from them.

• 2 weeks later...
.354 avg for month of July.

Does he get a promotion to AAA this year?

106 games in Bowie with 400+ PA's for his career.

He kills RHP

2013 GCL .384/.477/.425

2014 Del .360/.418/.476

2015 FRE .318/.412/.436

2015 Bow .304/.400/.464

2016 Bow .352/.432/.435

I don't really care to see him in Norfolk. That park seems to eat up bats. If they determine his glove is sufficient enough, I can see him coming straight to the big league team in 2017 with a good Spring Training.

Markakis and Machado were able to skip Triple A and I think Chance can too. They can platoon with Caleb playing four to five times a week to start out to limit his defensive exposure.

Mauer made his ML debut in his age 21 season, put up a 138 OPS+ in 38 games.

Different offensive era then.

Mauer, did this at age 20 in the Eastern League: .341 .400 .453 .853

Sisco at age 21 in the same league (post steroid testing): .321 .408 .410 .818

I would say they profile similarly with the bat.

Different offensive era then.

Mauer, did this at age 20 in the Eastern League: .341 .400 .453 .853

Sisco at age 21 in the same league (post steroid testing): .321 .408 .410 .818

I would say they profile similarly with the bat.

Of course we have no idea how the offensive environment in the Eastern league has changed in the interim. Which makes that sort of comparison of limited value.

No one is arguing his hit tool.

Of course we have no idea how the offensive environment in the Eastern league has changed in the interim. Which makes that sort of comparison of limited value.

No one is arguing his hit tool.

It's gotta be more pitcher friendly than it was 15 years ago. PED testing isn't just limited to the MLB.

I just look at how Chance is doing compared to his peers. Third in batting and second in OBP while being young for the league. His bat will play no matter where you play him and I've seen nothing recently that would indicate that he cannot stick at catcher. Even a .750 OPS bat is more valuable than you'd think when the OBP is high and strikeouts are low.

Archived