Buck: Schoop Not Ready to Play Second

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck said Schoop likely won't be ready to play 2B when he rejoins team this weekend when ext spring ends. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck said Schoop likely won't be ready to play 2B when he rejoins team this weekend when ext spring ends. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">June 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How is this even worthy of news? Was there ever any thought that he would be activated to play this weekend? He certainly needs to go on a rehab assignment first which has not even been scheduled yet.

How is this even worthy of news? Was there ever any thought that he would be activated to play this weekend? He certainly needs to go on a rehab assignment first which has not even been scheduled yet.
Indeed. If he is rejoining the team but not being activated and not being assigned to rehab, what's he going to be doing here, that he couldn't be doing in EST?

I guess because our media reported it? And to temper those who ask them every single day.

Schoop was/is poised for a breakout year. If we can get him back we can play Flaherty in one of the corner OF spots.

And why would we want to do that? Lough has waaay more speed and range as a defensive substitute and Snider a better stick?

EST ends tomorrow. That's why he's coming up to join the team.

"This is a little different than Matt. We knew Matt was going out when we got through with the Miami series. We're not there with Jon yet."

Buck

And why would we want to do that? Lough has waaay more speed and range as a defensive substitute and Snider a better stick?
Not so far this season, and you know it's always what have you done for me lately. Have to keep up.

"I'll say it again: This was a serious injury. We've got to get it right. There's going to be some things that aren't ever going to be the same, but if you do enough work around that... We've got guys playing in the NFL with the same injury. It's just that you have to be diligent. We've got the right people around him, and obviously Jon.

"This is your career. If you stay on top of this, it won't necessarily be a problem. Because the next step is a surgery that doesn't necessarily have a good return on. It's not like the ACL. A posterior cruciate ligament surgery does not have a good percentage of return on it. So this is big for Jon to get it right the first time."

"I'll say it again: This was a serious injury. We've got to get it right. There's going to be some things that aren't ever going to be the same, but if you do enough work around that... We've got guys playing in the NFL with the same injury. It's just that you have to be diligent. We've got the right people around him, and obviously Jon.

"This is your career. If you stay on top of this, it won't necessarily be a problem. Because the next step is a surgery that doesn't necessarily have a good return on. It's not like the ACL. A posterior cruciate ligament surgery does not have a good percentage of return on it. So this is big for Jon to get it right the first time."

That's from yesterday's article. Which also said they expect Schoop back comfortably before the all-star break. I'm happy with that.

Not so far this season, and you know it's always what have you done for me lately. Have to keep up.

Yeah well Flaherty has been over due for one of his hittng droughts it is just a matter of time as he's not on the team for his bat.

Archived