The last two weeks have been quite the roller coaster

Frobby

I said it after the 5 game losing streak: this is an 85-win team. If everything breaks out right, they might exceed that a bit. Will it be enough to make the postseason? Maybe, but they will have to win the AL East.

I have to say that Nolan Reimold may be the best defensive OFer in the history of the game if he can just get healthy. For a guy that "can't even look up" right now, he has played some really good D out there.:laughlol:

He did well. And I saw him look up. I was impressed.

He did well. And I saw him look up. I was impressed.

Sorry Weamsie, I just couldn't resist. Reimold has always been my Boy, and it hurts when folks hammer him. Kinda like many years ago for me, when someone would downgrade Boog Powell. Thems fightin' words! Lol. Again, I just could not hold back no matter how hard I tried.

I have to say that Nolan Reimold may be the best defensive OFer in the history of the game if he can just get healthy. For a guy that "can't even look up" right now, he has played some really good D out there.:laughlol:

So I missed the last few innings to go play soccer, and when I got in the car after the game they were interviewing Reimold on the radio and mentioned that he set a team high this year with his eight outfield assists. I thought, wow, that's pretty remarkable. Probably an all time record. Yea... they didn't mean assists.

1. Lose five in a row.

2. Win six out of seven, including four in a row.

We're right back where we started, one game under .500. Time to keep climbing!

Its the difference between playing a good team in Houston and two not so good teams in the Indians and Red Sox. The Yankee will be a challenge.

Its the difference between playing a good team in Houston and two not so good teams in the Indians and Red Sox. The Yankee will be a challenge.

I don't see it completely that way. Before the Astros we lost 2 of 3 to the Rays, who are meh. That's where the 5-game losing streak started. We beat the Astros 2 of 3 in Baltimore and lost 2 of 3 to a lousy Miami team before that. Obviously, it is harder to beat a good team than a bad one, but in general, we weren't playing very well. The return of Wieters and awakening of Jones is making a big difference.

Jones: 1.147 OPS in April, .566 in May, 1.066 so far in June (though he started the month 0 for 7 in two losses). Talk about roller coasters!

It was so much easier after 2005. Until Duquette messed that all up.

And Andy MacPhail. He last reported to work for the Orioles on October 31, 2011, but his legacy continues to benefit the Orioles in Adam Jones, Chris Tillman, and anyone who we've traded for using the other pieces we got from that deal, directly or indirectly, including any money we cashed out some of those players for that we have since spent on someone else.

To put it simply, that was an incredible deal. Even if Bedard had turned out much more favorably for the Mariners and given them a good solid several years of being an ace like King Felix, we'd have still gotten the better end of the deal due to the sheer value we've gotten from the players they traded to us.

I don't know how much of that was MacPhail's genius and how much was the Mariners' GM's desperation/stupidity at the time, but MacPhail certainly had a big hand in it, and it's still benefiting us today.

Archived