Andy MacPhail Going to Phix the Phillies (Team President After the Season)

weams

We are gonna have to work on reloading and to a degree rebuilding over the next few years. Duquette basically has rode out McPhail's core to Arbitration, and added complimentary pieces. A lot of players from that core will be gone next year, and I am not sure Duquette can replace them all as well as McPhail would.

A lot of the core? We will lose Wieters and Davis. Still a lot left. Hardy, Jones, Tillman.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't get the McPhail vs DD digs.

Andy did a great job, taking something totally in disarray and not only start the rebuilding talent, but the attitude and owner feelings. Not to mention, getting the ball going for Sarasota.

DD has taken what Andy started and has done very well.

Give credit to both, for sure.

I still don't get the McPhail vs DD digs.

Andy did a great job, taking something totally in disarray and not only start the rebuilding talent, but the attitude and owner feelings. Not to mention, getting the ball going for Sarasota.

DD has taken what Andy started and has done very well.

Give credit to both, for sure.

It is amusing that so many people want to live in a black and white world when there are so many variations of grey.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Why is that? I haven't been following the situation that closely since the season started. I just assumed Duq was as good as gone after this season. Please fill me in compadre.

He was given a window to complete a compensation. It did not work. Settled law. Toronto was told to move on.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/308888031.html

Gillick swears the Phillies are doing all they can to change that reality and he admitted that includes the search for the man who will be his eventual replacement as the team president. He did not deny that Andy MacPhail, a former general manager and team president with the Minnesota Twins, Chicago Cubs and Baltimore Orioles, was at the top of his list. Gillick also implied that a move will be coming soon, but that he may not immediately relinquish his title of team president.

"It's sort of like what they do at private schools," Gillick told the Inquirer. "They hire a headmaster a year ahead of time. I'm working with ownership and we've got some people under consideration. I think probably it's going to happen somewhere in the not-too-distant future."

Gillick said the intent is to give his eventual replacement time to observe the remainder of the season and then make decisions concerning general manager Ruben Amaro Jr., manager Ryne Sandberg and player personnel.

"Yeah, absolutely," Gillick said. "We have some important decisions to make and you don't want to make those decisions on the fly. This way you can get the feel in which direction you want to go because it is an important decision to make."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20150622_Team_president_Pat_Gillick_says_his_replacement_likely_will_be_hired_soon.html#ohUtD8R1T85MqlX2.99

As for the rebuilding process, Gillick said it might even take longer than he initially thought during the offseason when he was targeting 2017 or 2018 as the potential turnaround season.

"It might be longer," Gillick said. "It could be. When I first came here or at some point since I've been here, I said it's hard to be patient, but in this situation you have to be patient. I think you have to keep a positive outlook and you never know when it's going to turn around."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20150622_Team_president_Pat_Gillick_says_his_replacement_likely_will_be_hired_soon.html#ohUtD8R1T85MqlX2.99

Guest rochester
I still think Andy really wanted the MLB commish job, and I suspect he would do much better than Selig' puppet.

Completely agree...

Archived