Would you trade Bundy and Gausman for Hamels?

JohnD

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cole Hamels isn't that good. I'd call him a #2 starter, pitching as well as Miguel right now. Plus he has a ridiculous salary.

So, would you trade Bundy and Guasman for Miguel and get a 20 million dollar hit on your salary? Of course not.

It's an awful awful trade.

Cole Hamels isn't that good. I'd call him a #2 starter, pitching as well as Miguel right now. Plus he has a ridiculous salary.

So, would you trade Bundy and Guasman for Miguel and get a 20 million dollar hit on your salary? Of course not.

It's an awful awful trade.

It's not a good trade, but comparing Hamels to Gonzo is ridiculous.

If I understand options correctly (from what I learned here) is that Bundy is out of options and any team that trades for him must keep him on their 25 man roster, correct? So, why would he have much value? He's going to have to learn at the ML level. He hasn't even built up to the point he can give 100 innings yet. A contender wouldn't want him. In fact he may not be useful to the O's. It's too bad you lose those options when a player is physically unable to perform for a good portion of it.

If I understand options correctly (from what I learned here) is that Bundy is out of options and any team that trades for him must keep him on their 25 man roster, correct? So, why would he have much value? He's going to have to learn at the ML level. He hasn't even built up to the point he can give 100 innings yet. A contender wouldn't want him. In fact he may not be useful to the O's. It's too bad you lose those options when a player is physically unable to perform for a good portion of it.

Bundy is out of options. A team that trades for him would not have to keep him on the 25 man roster until next season.

Also, if his shoulder is fine, he's one of the top prospects in baseball. Why would a lack of options hurt his value?

No. Because our strongest need is a good bat, not a big-name pitcher who will demand who-knows-how-much once he hits free agency. I'd rather keep and continue to develop Gausman and Bundy. I would consider trading these two only for a quality, proven power hitter.

Bundy is out of options. A team that trades for him would not have to keep him on the 25 man roster until next season.

Also, if his shoulder is fine, he's one of the top prospects in baseball. Why would a lack of options hurt his value?

I understand it's for next year. But, how many innings will he pitch this year? A team that trades for him will be taking a pitcher with no college experience and very limited and controlled minor league experience. So, if he must stay on a ML roster next year, he hasn't built up his arm to the point he can start on a regular basis. If he goes to the bp, his development as a starter will be slower than if he could go to AA or AAA. So, is he a prospect or a gamble? I believe his lack of options hurt both Bundy and any team that trades for him.

I like Hamels and might trade Bundy for him (not Gausman). But put me in the no camp. Gausman's going to be a top 3 starter, IMO. Bundy seems destined to contribute somewhere, somehow... He might even become a key figure down the stretch.

Of course, both could flame out. But I doubt that will happen. It seems most likely that one of them will turn out to be a true star player. If either one turns out to be, this would be a bad trade for the Orioles, I would think. If they both go bust, then fine. But who really sees that as the more likely scenario?

Archived