vs. PHILLIES, 6/16

OFFNY

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your manager, in your walk year, made a public statement that you were complaining about being fatigued, in June, you would not feel a need to clarify the issue?

If I am a lefty (which I am) starting pitcher and I had the choice of being bombed by a RH line up which is hot right now vs a complaint of some fatigue and getting a short start in AA.. I'd take the complaint going public. As I get a "rest" for for the rest of the season to lower my era this year (and career) even more. Stats mean more then missing a start.

That was the trainer telling Sandberg about the condition of Williams. Could be the end for Williams, he is a FA next year and has been hit hard. He's 34 now.

Honestly surprised he's lasted this long. He's been a borderline major league pitcher at best for most of his career.

He's in the majors and a guy like Joe Saunders isn't?

This is the quote on MASN. "Before his last start, Chen had mentioned overall body fatigue, and Showalter wants to shorten him up as he's done in the past." Not exactly a ringing endorsement for complaining. Not where I come from anyway.

Wrong choice of words on my part.. but mentioning it, is a form of complaint.

Dear Buck, my fantasy team would really benefit from having Wieters and Reimold making an appearance. Hopefully not before this Phillies pen rights itself. OK? Thanks.

I would give JJ, Davis, and Manny the rest of the night off. Flaherty to SS, Paredes to 3B, Pearce to 1B.

If I am a lefty (which I am) starting pitcher and I had the choice of being bombed by a RH line up which is hot right now vs a complaint of some fatigue and getting a short start in AA.. I'd take the complaint going public. As I get a "rest" for for the rest of the season to lower my era this year (and career) even more. Stats mean more then missing a start.

That's not the kind of mentality that a lot of these guys have, though. They'd rather go out there and try to shut down Toronto than worry about their ERA. That said, I tend to think any internal discord should be handled in the locker room, not in statements to the media, however mild.

Archived