I hope Francouer didn't hurt himself

Frobby

Honestly, that inning was brutal to watch. If I were Buck, I would have ordered my hitters to swing at snything close. And if I'd been the ump, there were about three close pitches I wound have called strikes. And if I had been Sandberg, I wouldn't have left Francouer out there that long, no matter what.

That pitcher who got himself thrown out for throwing at Hardy should be fined by his team for being so selfish.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kept going back. And found the only other position player to throw 48+ pitches in the pitch-count era: David Howard threw 49 for '94 Royals</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">June 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Honestly, that inning was brutal to watch. If I were Buck, I would have ordered my hitters to swing at snything close. And if I'd been the ump, there were about three close pitches I wound have called strikes. And if I had been Sandberg, I wouldn't have left Francouer out there that long, no matter what.

That pitcher who got himself thrown out for throwing at Hardy should be fined by his team for being so selfish.

Maybe Showalter would have done that if the pitcher hasn't thrown at Hardy.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I personally thought Sandberg embarrassed McGowen earlier in the game. McGowen handled himself well. Giving up 5 home runs in 3.1 innings is virtually unheard of territory. It has to be extremely embarrassing for him. No way I send him back out after he gave up the 3 in one inning.

The Francouer thing wasn't embarrassing for Francouer but it was so obvious his arm was toast about 20 pitches earlier. Papelbon has pitched once in the last 10 days. I realize we have 2 more games with these guys, but come on. Send your closer out to end an embarrassing game for your team.

On the teams I've played on those moves would not have gone over well and the players wouldn't ever forget those decisions. Just my 2 cents.

It looked to me that Utley was upset and Utley is one of their team leaders. I agree with you. I think he handled McGowan terribly but yeah it was definitely obvious that he had enough after 20 or so pitches.

I personally thought Sandberg embarrassed McGowen earlier in the game. McGowen handled himself well. Giving up 5 home runs in 3.1 innings is virtually unheard of territory. It has to be extremely embarrassing for him. No way I send him back out after he gave up the 3 in one inning.

The Francouer thing wasn't embarrassing for Francouer but it was so obvious his arm was toast about 20 pitches earlier. Papelbon has pitched once in the last 10 days. I realize we have 2 more games with these guys, but come on. Send your closer out to end an embarrassing game for your team.

On the teams I've played on those moves would not have gone over well and the players wouldn't ever forget those decisions. Just my 2 cents.

Utley was definitely pissed and kept saying, "this is bullsh*&". Really surprised they didn't give Papelbon the 8th and then brought in Francouer. I did start to feel bad for the guy.

Utley was definitely pissed and kept saying, "this is bullsh*&". Really surprised they didn't give Papelbon the 8th and then brought in Francouer. I did start to feel bad for the guy.

The only excuse for not pitching Papelbon is if he's traded tomorrow. He's thrown 27 pitches in the past week plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was brutal to watch. Even being the team on the other side reaping the benefits of it, it was like watching a car wreck. You could tell the guys on the field were furious that Francouer was left out there so long, even if the options weren't numerous. This isn't going to go over well, I can sense it. Sandberg and the staff are obviously going to get fired either during the season or at season's end, tonight might have sped up the process.

Archived