I hope Francouer didn't hurt himself

Frobby

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Along with fighting for playing time, these days there is value in every at-bat, I would think. Every bit of .OPS probably means something in negotiations, I imagine. Otherwise, I would think some of the batters would have given themselves up.

I do think Utley was very ticked at what was happening and the pitching coach did not look too happy with all his pacing. And how does the BP coach not realize the phone is off the hook in that instance.

A very distinct tale of two organizations on different tracks tonight!

I would be insulted if hitters intentionally struck out while I was on the wrong end of a blowout like last night.

Also, these guys are professional players and people paid money, so they should not be wasting at bats by intentionally striking out.

Someone is going to hit into an out sooner or later in a MLB game.

Good grab on the video!

The last words on the CSN Philly feed... "Well I've knocked many a... many a phone off the hook...uh... in a bedroom."

SOOO professional! And people complain about OUR announcers! :rolleyes:

Ha! It was funny how the clip ended there. He finished the sentence to say something along the lines of ...'in a hotel room and then getting woken up by someone talking on the other end of the line from the switchboard asking you to hang it up."

The poor guys didn't have a whole lot to talk about last night. They were struggling for material. I had to listen to the Philly radio feed for the first half of the game. Those guys were spending WAY more time on the out-of-town scoreboard than the game itself.

Apparently the Philly bullpen accidentally left the phone off the hook, so they couldn't warm anybody to replace Francour.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

The phone was messed up by Ortiz from last year. Angelos is cheap and only sort of got it fixed. It has a lot of static on the line.:) joke........

Also heard this stat,the Orioloes scored more run last might then the Phillies scored in the eight game road trip. Also,this factoid: After being swept by the Orioles in two games at Camden Yards, the Phillies had their first winless road trip of eight or more games since their inaugural season of 1883, when they went 0-9 losing to the likes of the Boston Braves and the Providence Grays.

It made no sense. What are the Phillies saving Papelbon for? The only competition the Phillies are in is for the top pick next year.

It's possible they are trying to save $13M for next year. If Papelbon finishes 48 games or more this year, the option will vest.

He is currently at 23. Perhaps a bit of a conspiracy theory but who knows.

I had no idea that the Phillies were that messed up. Pretty pathetic. I saw some forum posts suggesting that Phillies ownership and upper management is very chaotic. Lots of chefs in the kitchen and most with a voice in decisions but no responsibility.

It's possible they are trying to save $13M for next year. If Papelbon finishes 48 games or more this year, the option will vest.

He is currently at 23. Perhaps a bit of a conspiracy theory but who knows.

Possible. So have Papelbon pitch the 7th and Fran the 8th.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Utley was definitely pissed and kept saying, "this is bullsh*&". Really surprised they didn't give Papelbon the 8th and then brought in Francouer. I did start to feel bad for the guy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MOVqzy53kfA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Utley was definitely ticked and rightfully so. The Phillies are a mess.

Archived