I hope Francouer didn't hurt himself

Frobby

I think that is Ken Giles yelling at McClure. There was apparently another embarrassing "confrontation" involving McClure on Friday night. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/phillies/Ken-Giles-explains-Fridays-dugout-dispute.html

I watched the Friday game against the pirates. Giles is a guy I wouldn't want anywhere near my team. The situation in the Friday game was that there was error while Giles was pitching and the runner made it to second. Pedro Alvarez was coming up and he had already deposited one ball into the Allegany river. Sandberg issued the intentional walk order and Giles blew up. He was pissed that he couldn't pitch to Alvarez. He was so mad that it ended up affecting his ability to pitch to the next batter. When he got out of the inning he went into the dugout and started yelling at the PC and manager. Both of the coaches and some players and to get him to chill out. He issued an apology the next day and said that his anger got the best of him. At the end of this week I will have watched 7 straight Phillies games because me and my wife watch both the pirates and orioles. If I were that team this guy would not be anywhere near my young players. Especially Mikael Franco who looks like a good player but also got run for arguing balls and strikes. I can believe this is the type of player they will want around at the 3rd of the year when they start bringing more young players up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No question it was wrong for the guy to throw at Hardy, but he probably was angry from the inning before when Machado was inexplicably sent on what became a close play at the plate. Seriously, what was the point of that? We were already up by like 11 runs. Just could've caused an injury. Wonder if Buck had a talk with old Bobby after that one.

Poor Bobby Dickerson.. the guy just can't get it right. Either he's horrible for not sending people who end up not scoring or he's doing this. Just replace him.

Poor Bobby Dickerson.. the guy just can't get it right. Either he's horrible for not sending people who end up not scoring or he's doing this. Just replace him.

I do not think I've ever criticized Bobby Dickerson. Certainly haven't advocated replacing him.

I thought that was a very strange and unnecessary send though. Certainly you don't stop playing, but you don't need to keep going balls to the wall in a game like that either. Am surprised no one else has commented on it. If Manny had gotten hurt I'm sure someone would have.

I do not think I've ever criticized Bobby Dickerson. Certainly haven't advocated replacing him.

I thought that was a very strange and unnecessary send though. Certainly you don't stop playing, but you don't need to keep going balls to the wall in a game like that either. Am surprised no one else has commented on it. If Manny had gotten hurt I'm sure someone would have.

There was another play (I think Snider's ball to left field) where he held up Hardy. Hardy would have likely scored, but there would have been a play at the plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no idea that the Phillies were that messed up. Pretty pathetic. I saw some forum posts suggesting that Phillies ownership and upper management is very chaotic. Lots of chefs in the kitchen and most with a voice in decisions but no responsibility.

It's astounding how far they've fallen. Five years ago I went to a game in Philadelphia, the place was sold out, and that team was the envy of nearly everyone in baseball. The rise and fall of the team is pretty astounding, some of it is a function of guys getting older, but a lot of it is their own doing.

It's astounding how far they've fallen. Five years ago I went to a game in Philadelphia, the place was sold out, and that team was the envy of nearly everyone in baseball. The rise and fall of the team is pretty astounding, some of it is a function of guys getting older, but a lot of it is their own doing.

How they won, at least that last one, is how they got this bad.

I think some of the blame should be levied on the FO, they havent made the best decisions on personnel.

You have to know the situation. Up 11 with your star player show who has missed significant time the past two years, there is no need to push him for a close play at the plate.

The last time I saw a team as pathetic as the Phillies was when I watched TEX beat some team 30 -3 just after that team had named their new full time manager. He did do better than Sandburg though, he only used 3 RP, none a position player, who gave up 8, 7, and 9 runs, respectively.

As I was watching the Phillies suffer last night, my mind wandered back to the 30-3 game, which I unfortunately attended. As bad as that game got, we never used a position player to pitch -- probably because the game didn't actually get out of hand until the 6th inning. Amazingly, the score was only 6-3 after 5 innings!

That said, Dave Trembley certainly left some pitchers out there to dry:

Brian Burress -- 0.2 IP, 8 ER

Rob Bell -- 1.1 IP, 7 ER

Paul Shuey -- 2 IP, 9 ER

Of course, Trembley had a good reason -- that game was the first game of a doubleheader! Once it was clear the game was lost, he couldn't burn out the other four guys in the bullpen.

As I was watching the Phillies suffer last night, my mind wandered back to the 30-3 game, which I unfortunately attended. As bad as that game got, we never used a position player to pitch -- probably because the game didn't actually get out of hand until the 6th inning. Amazingly, the score was only 6-3 after 5 innings!

That said, Dave Trembley certainly left some pitchers out there to dry:

Brian Burress -- 0.2 IP, 8 ER

Rob Bell -- 1.1 IP, 7 ER

Paul Shuey -- 2 IP, 9 ER

Of course, Trembley had a good reason -- that game was the first game of a doubleheader! Once it was clear the game was lost, he couldn't burn out the other four guys in the bullpen.

Hey cool, I was there too. First base side a little behind the dugout. I heckled Metcalf who had like no home runs or something and was batting .004 and then he hit a grand slam. LOL. Did you stay for Game 2? What a brutal day and drive back to New Jersey.

Archived