Dempsey on Bautista - "We would have taken care of him in my day. It wouldn't have been pretty."

ArtVanDelay

Well if that is so it should be easy for you to provide a realiable source to prove this is so as it doesn't even seem logical as he didn't end up with the job did he? If he was actually doing so called dirty work for PA where was his reward for it? lol
His reward is his MASN job.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think that Bautista has a method to his antics as he likes to do it early in the game so as to manipulate a warning to the Orioles pitcher so they can't pitch inside the rest if the game or run the risk of getting tossed. Mike Wright even commented to that effect after the first game of the series yesterday that he knew he couldn't pitch inside after that warning.

His reward is his MASN job.

Oh cmon you probably think Neil Armstrong never walked on the moon either right? I could be wrong but I think he even had that job before Buck was named the manager! What a bunch of balderdash! just comical really - too funny for words my man!

I actually think that Bautista has a method to his antics as he likes to do it early in the game so as to manipulate a warning to the Orioles pitcher so they can't pitch inside the rest if the game or run the risk of getting tossed. Mike Wright even commented to that effect after the first game of the series yesterday that he knew he couldn't pitch inside after that warning.

Yep, I'd agree with that, too. He knows his whole act is working. Why vary it if no one challenges him?

Well if that is so it should be easy for you to provide a realiable source to prove this is so as it doesn't even seem logical as he didn't end up with the job did he? If he was actually doing so called dirty work for PA where was his reward for it? lol

It was in one of the NY newspapers (I'm searching for the article) about when Mazzilli was manager, Dempsey would run to meet with Angelos to undermine Mazz. At the time, Dempsey had been passed over for the Orioles managers job twice IIRC, and eventually didn't make the cut in four tries.

I'm a bit surprised no one has pointed out the difference between Bautista getting hit and Jones getting hit. What an illustration of professionalism, or lack thereof. Bautista gets his jersey grazed, makes a federal case about it, and mugs a rookie who has no control, little idea what he's doing out there, and no beef with Bautista. Jones gets hit on like the fifth try by some kid who is clearly throwing at him but isn't good enough to execute an efficient beanball, takes it like a man, drops his bat and gear, and jogs to first base. Then Demarlo Hale has the nerve to argue when his pitcher was clearly throwing at Adam. At least the kid from the Phillies just acknowledged he was throwing at us and walked off the mound earlier this week, with little argument from Sandberg.

Bautista continues to act like a small, petulant child and has unfathomably overtaken David Ortiz as my least favorite player in baseball. I'm floored I actually just typed that. Guy has a chip on his shoulder the size of the Yukon Territory. Man I hope we crush them tomorrow - vent over.

Couldn't have said it better myself, well put!

It was in one of the NY newspapers (I'm searching for the article) about when Mazzilli was manager, Dempsey would run to meet with Angelos to undermine Mazz. At the time, Dempsey had been passed over for the Orioles managers job twice IIRC, and eventually didn't make the cut in four tries.

New York newspaper eh? Hm so wasnt Maz associated with the Mets prior to becoming the O's manager? Not saying that could have impacted the article but seems a bit suspect at least on the surface.

New York newspaper eh? Hm so wasnt Maz associated with the Mets prior to becoming the O's manager? Not saying that could have impacted the article but seems a bit suspect at least on the surface.

Yes, he played for the Mets and after he left the Orioles he coached for Joe Torre. None of that takes away from the fact that Dempsey was repeatedly passed over for the job.

Yes, he played for the Mets and after he left the Orioles he coached for Joe Torre. None of that takes away from the fact that Dempsey was repeatedly passed over for the job.

Yes I am aware he was in the running for the job several times and personally thought he should have gotten it over Sam Perlozzo, who I thought was a very good man, but a lousy manager.

What do you guys consider challenging him? Throw him inside fastballs on every pitch? Hit him every time up? Threaten him bodily harm? Just curious. You guys haven't really spelled out how you would handle Bautista? If he doesn't move off the plate and keeps up his act, how often do you give it to him in the ribs?

Well what they are doing now we all know isn't working in the least to our favor so I advocate a multi pronged approach depending on the situation. First Buck should make it clear that his whining and theatrics should not allow him to manipulate warnings to his pitchers when he refuses to back off the plate. Second if he does continue I would drill him but late in a game where the score is already not much of a factor ( not worrying about pitcher getting tossed. Then sort of play it by ear and see what transpires, maybe he will get the "message" maybe he will not and it will need to be repeated at some appropriate point.

I think they should shame him. When he comes up to hit, everyone in the field and in the dugout should imitate him until his blood boils.

The problem with that is someone or multiple players in the dugout and or Buck will get tossed so he wins again unless he goes off the deep end and gets tossed also!

The problem with that is someone or multiple players in the dugout and or Buck will get tossed so he wins again unless he goes off the deep end and gets tossed also!

No reason anyone should get tossed just for staring at him.

Archived