vs. Toronto Blue Jays 6/20

weams

So, here is the big question: other than injury, or perhaps pitching in relief in a 16 inning game or the post season... Does today mark the beginning of the era of Kevin Gausman permanently in the starting rotation?

We can only hope. That would probably mean a dominant performance from him today.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeez! I didn't read far enough... Nolan in CF?????????

Buck wants to see if he can handle it.... Because if he can, we know who the odd man out us in our outfield logjam. David Lough, whose primary reason to be on the team is that he might be our only viable backup CF.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They just played MMMBop at the Rogers Centre. Day. Made.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So, here is the big question: other than injury, or perhaps pitching in relief in a 16 inning game or the post season... Does today mark the beginning of the era of Kevin Gausman permanently in the starting rotation?

With DD and his roster manipulation, I wouldn't count on it. :P

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They just played MMMBop at the Rogers Centre. Day. Made.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">June 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MMM Bop!

[video=youtube;TYh1lRR1m6Y]

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I think it’s possible he would agree to be optioned, but he has 5 years and 7 days so being optioned for more than 3 weeks would cause him to not hit free agency this offseason. Once he’s optioned he can’t contractually force the Orioles to call him up quicker than those 3 weeks. They could make some sort of handshake agreement on it but it would be putting faith in the Orioles to stick to that. If he’s confident he’s healthy and as ready as he’s going to be, even if the Orioles are not, he’s better off rejecting an option. 
    • Obviously they weren’t going to hit at that level, but this slump is surprising.  
    • It’s a little hard to tell how 9k new flex memberships translates into tickets.  There are $600, $1200 and $2500 packages.  I assume most are at the lower level.  That would buy you about 20 tickets, the higher levels 40 and 83 tickets, at $30 each (estimate, since you can buy any level of seats).   I’m just going to make a rough guess that it’s 300,000 tickets.  But, how many people are buying these who previously went to a bunch of games as a walk-up buyer?  How many switched from having a fixed ticket plan to a flex plan?   I’m guessing it’s a decent chunk in each of those categories.  
    • I can’t remember a more surprising start in the past 10 years. He definitely earned the right to start 2 more times. Then if Bradish is ready we can reevaluate him vs Irvin. 
    • The one watchpoint with Suarez is how he will do when hitters have more data and more time to prepare. Teams can punch in spin rates, velo, horizontal/vertical movement parameters into Spinball iPitch machines to simulate an opponent’s pitcher. With only being announced a few hours before game time and not having pitched in MLB in 7 years, hitters were mostly flying blind.    The stuff looked great though.  
    • Very strong outing - 8/1 K/BB in five no-hit innings.     He had already had good K/BB results his first two outings, though he had been hit around a lot while filling up the strike zone during those. He was a UDFA last year, perhaps due to having missed the season at Liberty.    BP had the detail this morning he'd been suspended for undisclosed reasons, and I'm sure Elias has insight whatever they were. A college arm where a data point on bonus pool allocation as a yardstick is absent in the typical way.
  • Popular Contributors