Most Likely To Get a No Hitter

Oriolesallday

Ubaldo. He's done it before.

That means nothing. He also used to throw 97. I think it's Ubaldo, but not because he's done it before. He can get Ks and can pitch to weak contact when he's on. Of anyone on our staff, I think he's the only one capable of keeping his pitch count down enough to go the distance (which eliminates Chen, Tillman, and Gausman).

That means nothing. He also used to throw 97. I think it's Ubaldo, but not because he's done it before. He can get Ks and can pitch to weak contact when he's on. Of anyone on our staff, I think he's the only one capable of keeping his pitch count down enough to go the distance (which eliminates Chen, Tillman, and Gausman).
He has great stuff and frequently throws low hit games. When he's on he's tough to square up. Command and BB's is his issue.

I will say Gausman. I think it is more likely he gets one during his years of team control than Ubaldo in the 2+ years remaining in his contract.

Chen with his stuff puts a lot of balls in play, and rarely goes deep in games. Plus he only has half a season left to do it for the O's. Odds are extremely low.

In order of probability, I would say Gausman, Ubaldo, Harvey, Gonzo, Bundy, Wright, Wilson, Davies, Chen, Gamboa...another 25 guys...Norris.

I agree. And you are correct about Ubaldo and his velocity. Ubaldo can no longer throw 97. Like many pitchers of his age, his velocity has significantly fallen. His miserable 2014 season seems to be (at least partly) caused by falling velocity and a failure to adjust. When he was sent to the pen, he was able to get some extra coaching, and put in some extra work to make mechanical adjustments.

Now Ubaldo has learned to be more of a finesse pitcher than a power pitcher. His success depends upon pinpoint control and the development of new pitches. He is becoming more of a Greg Maddux type of pitcher. He is still a work in progress; sometimes batters can figure him out on the 3rd time through the order. He still has to learn how to adjust to the adjustments, but I think that he will. Once he does, he will go further in games and could be the next O's candidate to throw a no-hitter.

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11::clap:

I agree. And you are correct about Ubaldo and his velocity. Ubaldo can no longer throw 97. Like many pitchers of his age, his velocity has significantly fallen. His miserable 2014 season seems to be (at least partly) caused by falling velocity and a failure to adjust. When he was sent to the pen, he was able to get some extra coaching, and put in some extra work to make mechanical adjustments.

Now Ubaldo has learned to be more of a finesse pitcher than a power pitcher. His success depends upon pinpoint control and the development of new pitches. He is becoming more of a Greg Maddux type of pitcher. He is still a work in progress; sometimes batters can figure him out on the 3rd time through the order. He still has to learn how to adjust to the adjustments, but I think that he will. Once he does, he will go further in games and could be the next O's candidate to throw a no-hitter.

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11::clap:

Ubaldo also got some of his velocity back this season.

Archived