Most Likely To Get a No Hitter

Oriolesallday

It doesn't look like it currently but my money would be on Tilly. When has command and the breaking ball is good, he's tough. I remember him no hitting Tampa through 6 or 7 but was taken out due to his pitch count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means nothing. He also used to throw 97. I think it's Ubaldo, but not because he's done it before. He can get Ks and can pitch to weak contact when he's on. Of anyone on our staff, I think he's the only one capable of keeping his pitch count down enough to go the distance (which eliminates Chen, Tillman, and Gausman).

While it may not be the best piece of reasoning upon which to build an argument alone, I think it means more than nothing. Having actually done what is being asked is incredibly relevant, I would think, especially when the other guys in the discussion rarely post CGs.

While it may not be the best piece of reasoning upon which to build an argument alone, I think it means more than nothing. Having actually done what is being asked is incredibly relevant, I would think, especially when the other guys in the discussion rarely post CGs.

For the record Tillman did have a no-hitter in AAA.

Almost anybody could do it against the right opponent. Jimenez is my first option, number one because he's already done it, and number two because on any given day his stuff can be top of the line, even with the diminished velocity. After him, I'm going to go different and say Gonzalez. He had a one hitter towards the end of the year last year against the Reds, and hardly anybody in the ballpark noticed it. Right opponent, right time, and he has those starts where he quietly breezes through.

Archived