Gausman down, Drake up

mdbdotcom

Let's keep messing with Gausman!

Really with Norris and Tillman pitching like they are Gausman still can't get a shot?

And yes this burns his last option so next year him and Bundy will both be without options.

Way to look at the big picture Dan!

Don't won't to piss you off but doesn't Kevin have pitches he needs to work on?

Sorry but I will leave it up to DD. He has far more baseball knowledge in his little

finger than I have in my whole body.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but I will leave it up to DD. He has far more baseball knowledge in his little

Good point.. we should wait until he is the perfect pitcher before we let him be a big-leaguer, especially when you consider all of the perfect starters we currently have who do not need to work on anything.

Don't worry about pissing me off, Dan already got me going.

I don't like the whole argument of "X knows more about Y then I do so I can't criticize him."

Gausman did as well as anyone else last season without a consistent breaking ball.

Do you think Tillman or Norris could have done better yesterday?

For that matter do you think Norris has 3 MLB pitches right now?

Be honest. If Gausman was on the team next year and pitching reasonably well, you'd be okay for sending him out for 10 days so they could call up a fresh arm?

Of course I wouldn't.

But, by sending him down now, so we can keep inferior options, you lose the ability to send him down next year if he, for instance, suddenly loses the strike zone.

Are they going to keep him down to work on his breaking ball? If so, I guess that is defensible. But that doesn't seem like what they are doing.

And with Tillman and Norris, I'm not sure we have that luxury anymore. They are both so bad, you can't just concede 2 out of every 5 days from your rotation.

Are they going to keep him down to work on his breaking ball? If so' date=' I guess that is defensible. But that doesn't seem like what they are doing.

And with Tillman and Norris, I'm not sure we have that luxury anymore. They are both so bad, you can't just concede 2 out of every 5 days from your rotation.[/quote']

How long have we been hearing he is going down to work on his breaking ball....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will find out about Tillman's chances today, but based on track record I'd say no. I thought Gausman did quite well yesterday and this move really surprises me.
Think we are with musical 5th SP for a while to buy time to trade one of Snider, Lough, Delmon, Parmelee, Reimold or Pearce. Gausman couldn't start for another 4 days and we will have Gonzo and Chen coming up. I suppose if you want to keep Gausman in the rotation you could go with one less RP the next few days and DFA one of Tillman or Norris. Does that sound like a plan? What's another alternative?

Archived