Gausman down, Drake up

mdbdotcom

It's too early to bail on Norris and especially Tillman, and I agree we want to build up Gausman's innings. If Norris is still struggling at the ASB, I'd revisit then. Crankly, Gausman hasn't been that impressive to me this year.
The less money we owe Norris the more attractive he becomes as a bullpen option.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe anyone would have expected a LHP represented by Scott Boras to re-sign with his current club instead of taking as much money as possible as a free agent.

We lost him, but it was not when we failed at negotiating an extension or sent him to Frederick instead of getting beat in Toronto. It was the day he chose to sign with Scott Boras as his agent.

It's too early to bail on Norris and especially Tillman, and I agree we want to build up Gausman's innings. If Norris is still struggling at the ASB, I'd revisit then. Crankly, Gausman hasn't been that impressive to me this year.

Nice job Tillman. Norris, Tillman??? Right now it's Norris 4, Tillman 5.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but if he spends less than 20 days in the minors this season the option is not used. So it isn't exactly true that the last option has now been burned. If he comes back in two weeks and stays up for the rest of the season he will still have an option remaining next season.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but if he spends less than 20 days in the minors this season the option is not used. So it isn't exactly true that the last option has now been burned. If he comes back in two weeks and stays up for the rest of the season he will still have an option remaining next season.

Reading Buck's quotes that doesn't appear to be the plan.

Maybe with Tillman imploding again.....naw.

The whole point of yesterday's start was to skip Chen. With Chen back next Friday and Gonzalez healthy I dony know why anybody thought Gausman was staying.

To replace the myriad debris clogging the rotation.

I mean are we going to use this kid or not? What is the plan, have him in the rotation by age 27?

Don't worry about pissing me off, Dan already got me going.

I don't like the whole argument of "X knows more about Y then I do so I can't criticize him."

Gausman did as well as anyone else last season without a consistent breaking ball.

Do you think Tillman or Norris could have done better yesterday?

For that matter do you think Norris has 3 MLB pitches right now?

At what point can I continue commenting on the O's apparent lack of a systemic development strategy (not to mention burgeoning MiL talent...) without hearing from Drungo about Palmer's once-upon-a-time in the 'pen?

Archived