Upset thread

Sports Guy

I doubt it...He has very little basketball experience overall...He is a gifted golfer apparently and spent a lot of time growing up playing golf.

Plus and even more importantly, he has to have wrist surgery after the year...You have think that will really hurt his draft position.

Forgot about the wrist, that could be a factor.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think so, he's a terrific player.
I meant after this season, not in general.

He reminds me a lot of what UNC hoped Marvin Williams would've been had he not left early. Maybe not quite as athletic but a far more refined skill set.

If he makes the jump, Duke is gonna be bad next year. Maybe not miss-the-tournament bad, but bad. Paulus, Scheyer, and Singler are certainly not capable of leading a team on a deep run and they have nobody who can even pretend to be a playmaker.

This is how dumb you sound...This is your first post:

So, you post this a few minutes ago yet you concede that the refs are better in the second half.

So, how is that the refs are trying to give the game to Duke NOW and trying to get Duke back into this if the officiating has been good in the second half?

Your problem is that you're attributing words to me that I never used. I said the officiating has been better not good. When it was so horrible in the first half, it doesn't take much to be better in the second half.

He reminds me a lot of what UNC hoped Marvin Williams would've been had he not left early. Maybe not quite as athletic but a far more refined skill set.

If he makes the jump, Duke is gonna be bad next year. Maybe not miss-the-tournament bad, but bad. Paulus, Scheyer, and Singler are certainly not capable of leading a team on a deep run and they have nobody who can even pretend to be a playmaker.

I know, and i think there's a chance he could. Although the wrist surgery SG mentioned might hold him back. They'll be middle of the pack ACC if he goes I agree.

When Henderson comes back, Duke is going to be preseason top 5...They are bringing in a few decent recruits along with a top 25 player...They only lose Nelson off of this team.

Nolan Smith is the guy who takes his game to the next level next year IMO.

They will be deeper next year and are adding some size.

Your problem is that you're attributing words to me that I never used. I said the officiating has been better not good. When it was so horrible in the first half, it doesn't take much to be better in the second half.

Your problem is you are completely wrong.

I've said all along (as have most) that if dook can't hit their 3's they are going to be in trouble. Lots of short shots today -- sign of fatigue.

Btw, you'll rarely hear me say this, but with respect to the other debate, the officiating has been pretty fair today, no complaints here.

When Henderson comes back, Duke is going to be preseason top 5...They are bringing in a few decent recruits along with a top 25 player...They only lose Nelson off of this team.

Nolan Smith is the guy who takes his game to the next level next year IMO.

They will be deeper next year and are adding some size.

I can't imagine them being preseason top 5. Henderson is terrific, but losing Nelson is big. Paulus has gotten better than I ever thought he would be, but I think he's at his peak. Same as Scheyer. I don't think Singler will make many strides, Josh McRoberts v2 to me.

I don't know much about their recruiting class, but I think they'll need way more than one top-25 guy to turn this team, minus Nelson, into a top-5 team.

I've said all along (as have most) that if dook can't hit their 3's they are going to be in trouble. Lots of short shots today -- sign of fatigue.

Btw, you'll rarely hear me say this, but with respect to the other debate, the officiating has been pretty fair today, no complaints here.

Agree all around.

Archived