We will win the division

Outlander

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, they will stick with those two until the TD and by that's time it may be too late.

I do think the Orioles will stick with Tillman and Norris through the All Star Break, and maybe until the trade deadline. And, I think they should. I do not think it will cost them their chance at the division.

Guaranteed five game losing streak from the thread title alone. Bad karma.

It's June. We are two games back with two teams ahead of us and tied with the other. It's hard to say objectively that we are better than the competition. It's looking better than it did three weeks ago, but there's a long way to go.

I will say that I can see the pathway to win the division. Basically, do what we're doing and hope that we get some improvement in the pitching between Norris, Tillman, and Gausman. Then it will come down to how we do in the division.

. . . It's June. We are two games back with two teams ahead of us and tied with the other. It's hard to say objectively that we are better than the competition. It's looking better than it did three weeks ago, but there's a long way to go.

I will say that I can see the pathway to win the division. Basically, do what we're doing and hope that we get some improvement in the pitching between Norris, Tillman, and Gausman. Then it will come down to how we do in the division.

I think this is a fair assessment. At the same time, I really believe we will win the division, and I've never been much of an optimist about the Orioles. (Well, not since the late 70s or maybe the early 80s, but a lot of dirty water has gone under the bridge since then.) The reason I see this season differently is that the Orioles are much deeper and have more weapons than the other teams in the division. As a result, the Orioles are much better positioned to weather the injuries and individual performance problems that are likely to hit every team between now and October. We've played much of the season without 2 or more starters, and now are winning while missing 2 1/2 (Jones, Schoop and 1/2 of Wieters) in large part because the back-ups are capable.

If Tillman can produce at anything near his level of the last couple of years, I think we win the division barring a collapse by his teammates.

I do think the Orioles will stick with Tillman and Norris through the All Star Break, and maybe until the trade deadline. And, I think they should. I do not think it will cost them their chance at the division.
When only 3 of your 5 SP give you a chance to win it costs.

Sorry about the thread title guys. I'll do my best to reverse the karma.

Don't worry about it. Some poor guy made a thread last year around the middle of August about how the season was over and the division was ours. It was all in fun, but some people gave him a ridiculously hard time about it. (He was right, by the way, as we all know now).

If the Orioles are going to win, they'll win regardless of your post.

Don't worry about it. Some poor guy made a thread last year around the middle of August about how the season was over and the division was ours. It was all in fun, but some people gave him a ridiculously hard time about it. (He was right, by the way, as we all know now).

If the Orioles are going to win, they'll win regardless of your post.

Don't bring that GD logic in this place!

Archived