Manny Machado on Intentional Talk

nevadaO

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ate at the restaurant to which he alluded three times while I was in Paris. You cannot order anything but steak and frites, yet the line goes around the block. The preparation and the sauce cannot be put into words.

Regarding his national reputation and how to measure it, that is quite difficult. His collectibles market has returned to the prices where they were prior to the incident. Orioles fans are a rabid group, so that has much to do with it. I peruse several message boards that are not Orioles specific, and people have certainly softened their stance on him.

Manny is a genuinely good dude.

He will get paid more if he is popular.

Do you see Mike Trout in National TV ads?

Do you see Bryce Harper in National TV ads?

Do you see Manny Machado in National TV ads?

Trout has been the MVP of the league, end arguably should have won it three times. He also plays in a major media market. It's not surprising that he has a national commercial deal while the others don't yet.

Trout has been the MVP of the league, end arguably should have won it three times. He also plays in a major media market. It's not surprising that he has a national commercial deal while the others don't yet.

Harper does.

The point I was making was, I thought, simple.

If Manny wants to advance himself as a brand he has to work on changing some folks perceptions about him that they have gained through some of his on the field actions.

Kinda at a loss why some many folks want to push back on that but oh well.

Harper does.

The point I was making was, I thought, simple.

If Manny wants to advance himself as a brand he has to work on changing some folks perceptions about him that they have gained through some of his on the field actions.

Kinda at a loss why some many folks want to push back on that but oh well.

You think that Harper is seen as a paragon of virtue? What product does he pitch, anyway.

It's not hard to envision a world where Manny comes off like a bad guy to fans from other teams

I don't follow all of baseball, I follow the Os. That means when I see clips of other players, it's usually only a highlight or a low light. When I am seeing Puig stuff, I'm seeing the tip of an iceberg and filling in the rest.

It's not hard to place myself in the shoes of someone seeing a young player throw a bat, thinking that is despicable, forming an opinion and moving on.

Boom, perception galvanized.

• 2 weeks later...
That is OK, you are allowed to be wrong.

Nationally he is the punk that threw the bat at a guy.

Doesn't matter that Donaldson wasn't even in the game at that point, or that the bat didn't come close to actually hitting anyone.

You really care about what the national thinks or fans of other teams think? Wow!

As for me I couldn't care less. We should be thankful that Manny is an Oriole. Not

worry what others think. IMO

You really care about what the national thinks or fans of other teams think? Wow!

As for me I couldn't care less. We should be thankful that Manny is an Oriole. Not

worry what others think. IMO

No I don't care. I thought I made that clear.

I said he should care.

Archived