Per the Houston Chronicle: Orioles interested in LJ Hoes and other minor league outfielders

Roll Tide

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is 25 years old and his OBP is .418 at AAA. If he were in the Oriole system people would be screaming for him to be at the ML level.

Exactly what I say every Norris trade debate we have. We seem to have a really good working relationship with Houston. Hoes could add to the mix of guys for LF/Rf next year. I like the idea.

I always rooted for Hoes to make it. At this point I see him as more of a AAAA type who would probably be below Alvarez on our depth chart. If he's a target I hope we aren't giving up much.

Just think we could have the top two in batting avg in The international league just chilling for next year. Clevenger and hoes. Makes 2016 not seem so sad.

Just think we could have the top two in batting avg in The international league just chilling for next year. Clevenger and hoes. Makes 2016 not seem so sad.
In 61 games played in the minor leagues this season, Presley has hit .307/.340/.382 over 243 plate appearances, along with two home runs and 33 runs batted in. In parts of five seasons in the majors with the Astros, along with the Pittsburgh Pirates, he has hit .259/.299/.395 over 1092 plate appearances, along with 23 home runs and 79 runs batted in.

In 59 games played in the minors this season, Hoes has slashed .335/.417/.466 over 255 plate appearances, along with three homers and 38 runs batted in. In parts of four seasons in the big leagues with the Orioles and Astros, the 25-year-old outfielder has hit .235/.287/.330 over 332 plate appearances, along with four home runs and 21 runs batted in.

http://www.scout.com/mlb/rumors/story/1559411-orioles-interested-in-astros-presley-hoes

Hoes belongs in the majors imo, but be wary of relying on his PCL stats. Still, he's done well everywhere in the minors. At some point, he'll likely be a 4th OFer in the majors.

Not everyone who excels at triple A automatically does well enough to stay long at the Major League Level. Do you recall Jeff Manto who was Mickey Manto in AAA but hit like Mickey Mouse in the Majors!

Archived