An now it gets harder

wildcard

Over the last 22 games the O's have played 6 against teams with winning records (Jays and Yankees). The rest were last placed teams or near last place teams. Phillies, Indians, Red Sox.

In the next 22 games the O's have three games vs losing teams. The White Sox.

So it get harder. The O's look great right now. Maybe stepping up their game will not be that difficult for them.

Over the last 22 games the O's have played 6 against teams with winning records (Jays and Yankees). The rest were last placed teams or near last place teams. Phillies, Indians, Red Sox.

In the next 22 games the O's have three games vs losing teams. The White Sox.

So it get harder. The O's look great right now. Maybe stepping up their game will not be that difficult for them.

The next 4 are against a Ranger team that is 38-38 and is 2-8 in their last 10.

I've found that how you're playing is a lot more important than who you're playing. If they play well they'll be fine against anyone. Maybe not 18-5 but good enough.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

I've found that how you're playing is a lot more important than who you're playing. If they play well they'll be fine against anyone. Maybe not 18-5 but good enough.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

But then again who you play often has a lot to do with how you play. If the O's run into some tough pitchers they will probably have a hard time scoring.

As long as you take care of business against the losing teams, you only have to 'tread water' against the better ones. Assuming 50% of your games vs winning teams and 50% vs losing teams: .500 vs winners (call it 40-41) and 2 of every 3 vs losers (54-27) gets you to 94 wins. 18-5 is helpful, and massively impressive regardless of the competition.

Archived